- Barcodes are machine-readable printed representations of data and creating or reading them has become quite common at consumers' level.
- If you want to have a go at it, pick one of the best barcode generators from our guide below.
- You may edit high-quality barcode graphics that are fully scalable with great tools from Adobe, Aeromium, and not only.
- Or choose another great tool with attractive features from our list that make label design easy and accurate.
Nowadays, it is essential to have a tool that allows you to create and read barcodes and QR codes. In the past, barcodes were used to track car components or manage the warehouse stocks of different industries.
Today, barcodes are used almost everywhere.
This article describes what are the best apps or software to scan, create, and decode barcodes from your electronic devices. You can find those tools online or download them via the Windows Store.
In this article, we selected the best barcode software, and we’ll explain to you how to use them either online or by downloading them on your Windows 10 PC.
What is the best barcode software for Windows 10?
Fueled by high-end imagery from Adobe Stock, InDesign is the industry-leading layout and page design software for print and digital media.
Its professional typesetting tools, stylish typography, and rich graphics and tables allow you to create beautiful designs for pretty much anything from eBooks and posters to barcodes.
You can copy-paste the code graphic as a vector graphic object into a standard graphics editor like Adobe Illustrator to further refine it.
Let’s quickly go through its key features:
- Faster launch times and performance improvements
- Adobe Experience Manager integration
- Import SVG files to create interactive graphics and animations.
- Variable fonts (customizable typefaces that compact multiple fonts into a single file)
- Step-by-step, interactive tutorials
Adobe InDesignWith Adobe InDesign you can generate and edit high-quality barcode graphics that are fully scalable, so try it now!
The special barcode label software can generate a variety of colorful barcode labels in any desired size with specified text and caption.
SmartVizor is available with different attractive features that make label design easy and accurate:
- Practical wizards
- Multi-document interface
- Thumbnail and label preview modes
With the help of this barcoding software, you can further enjoy functions such as print-time search and replace or save the generated images in standard file formats on your computer.
The tool is more than one of the most feature-rich software applications for generating barcodes available in the market.
It supports ASCII files and ODBC databases and is also built on Microsoft’s SQL which is one of the fastest databases in today’s market.
Barcode Maker is one of the most popular software for generating barcodes. This is a tool able to respond to every need with a lot of features, not easily reachable in the other barcode generators.
The Barcode maker, in its latest version, supports virtually all barcode types. Among them, there is the most used retail barcode in the US, the UPC-A, and the other worldwide spread code EAN-13.
Other barcodes included are ISBN for books, ITF-14, Code 2 of 5 Interleaved, QR Code, Code 39, UPC-A (GTIN-12, UCC-12), UPC-E. The list is not complete, but it can give you an idea of the software’s capacities.
It is worth mentioning that Barcode Maker has more than 390 predefined label sheets included for printing.
Moreover, the file formats supported include PDF, JPEG, Bitmap, TIFF, and Portable Network Graphics. Visualizing the file in MS Excel is possible, but users need to add the barcodes to the Barcode list to do that.
One of the most popular Windows barcode application is Aeromium Barcode Maker.
The first version of the software was released on February 08, 2011. The app creates professional quality barcode images ever since.
It can generate over 24 types of linear barcodes (without counting the variations) e.g. Code39, EAN13, UPCA, and UCCEAN128.
Thanks to its high resolution, the barcode images are suitable for different industry requirements.
Aeromium Barcode Maker provides several image formats, including Bitmap, Metafile, and Portable Network Graphics.
This software is very easy to use. The single dialog user interface ensures the creation of barcodes dedicated to the most diverse industry needs.
Users are very satisfied with this software. It can successfully meet their needs for creating in-house barcodes to barcodes for the supply chains.
If you need to generate a barcode for semi-professional and/or testing purposes, visit the Online Barcode Generator‘s website.
This is an online service very easy to use that allows you to create barcodes using various encoding and apply numerous customization options to them, at no cost.
To create a barcode with Online Barcode Generator, follow these steps:
- Connect to the home page of the website.
- Select the standard to use (such as EAN-13 which is often used in publishing) from the Barcode drop-down menu.
- Fill in the fields that correspond to the items Contents, then Options and Additional parameters with all the details of the barcode you want to create.
- Click on Make Barcode to generate your barcode.
- Once you have visualized the barcode obtained (at the bottom of the page), you can choose to save it on your PC in various file formats by clicking on the EPS, PNG, and JPEG entries.
As you can see, everything is very easy and fast.
Another option to generate barcodes is by using the barcode generator on the Barcode-Generator website.
It has a nice and intuitive interface that supports the most common barcode formats available at this moment.
How to use it? Well, it’s so easy that there is no need to explain it. In any case, all you need to do is:
- Connect to the service home page.
- Select the type of barcode you want to generate using the Create free menu, located at the top.
- Type all the info required in the empty fields.
- Move to the Preview Barcode section on the right, take a look at the preview of your barcode.
- Select the format in which you intend to download into your computer, using the menu that corresponds to the words Download as.
- Select the size from the Size menu and, then, click on Download.
An alternative resource that allows you to generate a barcode directly from the web browser is the barcode generator promoted by Tec-it.
It’s free, simple and it offers some options for customizing barcodes. Using it is a real breeze.
- Connect to the homepage.
- Select the type of barcode you are interested in generating it from the menu on the left.
- Fill in the empty field on the right by entering the barcode data, and you will immediately see a preview of the barcode on the right.
- By clicking on the gear icon you can also apply any customizations to the barcode (for example you can select the format in which to save the image, resolution, etc.).
- You can select Colours and Advanced Options to make further changes by clicking the Settings menu, at the top right.
- To complete changes click on the Close button at the bottom right.
- Then you can download the barcode to your PC.
- If you prefer to share it on the network, click on the icon with the two pages located in the upper left corner of the preview.
- Then copy the link under the heading link for this barcode image and paste it where you think is most appropriate.
If you are a beginner or amateur in creating barcodes, and you only want to create one with your name to have fun on social media, you can choose BarCodesInc.
Do you wonder how to use it? Nothing could be simpler.
- Connect to the homepage of the site.
- Type your name (or any other text you want to display in the barcode) in Your text field.
- Click on the Generate Barcode button to get your barcode to share immediately online with friends through the links and codes that appear by clicking on the item Link or Embed this barcode.
- If you want to download on your PC the barcode obtained as an image, click on the preview of the barcode.
- Right-click on the image of the balcony in the new web page that opens, and select the option to save the image on your PC. The barcode will be saved as an image in PNG format.
- You can also customize the barcode to be generated in more detail by clicking on the Advanced Options item, and adjusting settings such as the barcode standard, size, the font or image format as you want.
Free Online Barcode Generator
Free Online Barcode Generator is a free tool and the interface is very well taken care of. It is quite simple to use and allows you to download the barcode obtained in various formats.
Creating the barcode is super easy, just follow these steps:
- Connect to the online page of the service.
- Click on the first drop-down menu, and select the standard you want to use.
- Then fill in the additional fields to view by entering the required barcode details or choosing them from the appropriate drop-down menus.
- If available, click also onto More options item to view further customization options for the barcode.
- Finally, press the Create button, and wait a few moments for the code to be generated.
- Click on the icon of one of the formats available under the option Your barcode is ready! Download now, placed at the bottom of the page.
- You can download the barcode in different formats such as EPS, PNG, PDF, or SVG.
- Once this is done, the download will start immediately.
Free Online Barcode Generator shows also a preview of the code to download. In this way, you can view it immediately before downloading it.
Keep in mind that if you need to make other changes to the barcode before downloading, all you have to do is press the Cut down button.
If you want to create a barcode professionally or just have a little fun with friends, these barcode generators are the best in business.
We encourage you to check them out, weigh each one’s features, and even additional options and choose the one that seems to be a perfect fit for your needs.
Do share your choice with us in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Barcode generators are software programs that you can access either online, directly in your browser, or by downloading them into your PC. Also, use the best barcode scanner software if want to decode the details of a barcode.
There are many good barcode generator software on the market. To make sure you find the right one for your needs, check out our list of the best tools for creating barcodes.
Since it’s a data-driven process, you can technically use Excel functions to generate barcodes. However, it requires a fair amount of product knowledge and the results might not be print-ready. We recommend a dedicated software for the job.