- Book covers need to be attractive so that potential readers become curious enough to pick up the book.
- Even more, the cover itself can become a trademark of the book, so designing it properly is extremely important.
- There are plenty of qualitative graphic design tools you may use thus read along this article to decide wisely.
- Also, a famous book cover design quickly transmits your story to the general public, so you'll have to pay attention to that.
After you’ve finished the hard work and created the book that you’ve always dreamed about, you have to make sure that it sells by creating the most awesome cover design.
Because the long writing process has ended you deserve to give your book the cherry-top details, namely a dynamic cover. After all, your hard work needs to be respected and designing tools are there to help you out.
More so, you should use professional software capable to add cutting-edge effects, presenting a creative layout suited for the final book cover.
That’s where software to create professional book covers comes in handy.
We picked up the best tools for creating a book cover to help you with your choice because there is a huge variety of such software on the market and choosing the best one can become a challenge.
What is the best book cover design software for PC?
You always say that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but we have to admit that we cannot help but do just that at times.
That being the case, if you want to design book covers, you should always go for the best tool that money can buy, and in the case at hand that is Adobe InDesign.
This desktop publishing and typesetting software application can be used to create any type of works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books, and e-books.
Of course, given the wide range of capabilities, designing a book cover should be a piece of cake.
Together with the built-in compatibility with other Adobe products such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Adobe InDesign will allow you to create the most attractive cover ever.
Here are some of the perks of using Adobe InDesign:
- Great for designing books and e-books
- Compatible with other Adobe products
- Professional-level publishing tool
- Familiar for those used to Adobe software
- Can be tested out over a 7-day period
With Adobe InDesign you can easily create a memorable book cover by using its many features.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express is a free book cover maker that allows you to craft a vision from your very own writing.
This software has a lot to offer; simply exploring the template section can inspire you to create the best cover for your book, in fact, each graphic can be easily customized with your own images, graphics, and text.
Here are the best features that come together with this tool:
- You’ll be able to find a book cover template that suits your style and genre
- You can also customize the template until you get the cover of your dreams
- Using Adobe Creative Cloud Express, you can design a cover that really tells your story and creates an emotional impact
- You can boost your readership and creativity with this tool
- Creative Cloud Express provides you beautiful typography and a chance to choose from a variety of free professionally designed fonts
- Select from thousands of pictures from the web or pick the ones from your personal collection
- You can also explore a vast variety of layouts, fonts, colors, and easily tweak them with photos, text, and icons
Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Stand out from the bookshelf with your eye-catching book cover created with this stunning editor.
Visme represents a design software that offers professional designs for multiple projects, including business or book design covers.
This powerful tool can create visual products by thousands of editing tools suited for presentations, covers designs, or many more types of visuals.
In other words, your book will speak to the reader just by its cover due to the personalized features that allow arranging any graphics how you prefer.
Furthermore, Visme can guarantee a valuable brand image, meaning that it’s possible to authentic data or graphics to better express the message. Hence, you can handcraft book covers using stickers, characters, or dynamic text and transmit your story visually.
Another worth mentioning aspect reflects the multitude of products you can create, including presentations, printables, digital posts, creative videos, and so on.
All in all, your most dreamed book will impress the readers all around, with engaging content followed by an impressive cover that will speak for you.
Create proudly your future published book cover with this comprehensive design editing tool.
Here in our list is yet another Adobe product and for good reason. There’s just no way you can talk about image editing or creating digital art without at least thinking about Adobe Photoshop.
The program features a wide collection of tools that can help you create any book cover regardless of theme and art style, and this can be further expanded upon with its extensive plug-in support.
More so, you can import and export your projects back and forth between Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, so you always have the best tools at your disposal without worrying about conversions.
Speaking of which, all Adobe Creative Suite programs can now be tested for free during a 7-day trial period.
This allows you to see just how well you can get along with these programs before actually committing to a full subscription.
Here are some of the perks of using Adobe Photoshop:
- Great import and export capabilities with other Adobe products
- Can be enhanced with plug-ins
- Libraries can be expanded with official and user-created content
- Full layer-support
- You can test it before you buy it for 7 days
Bring your vision to life with the help of an extensive set of professional tools. Integrate any plug-in for even more precision!
Canva’s Free Book Cover Maker allows you to make book covers, and it’s effortless to design them even for beginners. You can be inspired by Canva’s thousands of professional templates and choose the one that best reflects your story.
Check out the most important features that you’ll be able to enjoy using this tool:
- Canva’s Free Book Cover Maker allows you to choose from hundreds of layouts to create a memorable cover.
- Using this tool, you’ll be able to create a beautiful book cover in under 5 minutes.
- You’ll get the chance to customize the book cover to suit your book genre.
- You can change the images, fonts, background, and colors.
- Canva’s Free Book Cover Maker provides you access to more than 1 million stock images, illustrations, and graphics.
Design professional-level book covers in just a few clicks with plenty of inspiring templates and an intuitive toolset.
The next solution is Quark, a pioneer software in graphic design, digital publishing, and content automation.
In the first place, this rounded tool can be the best-suited option for book cover designs due to unlimited creativity features and useful editing options.
More exactly, you can create compelling artworks with the help of integrated tools, plus innovative illustrations, photo editing options, etc. Hence, regardless of your project needs this tool assures everything.
Plus, you have tons of design layouts your can choose from and can benefit from graphics or illustrations just perfect for a book cover. And it is also possible to publish your book in digital format if you prefer.
Afterward, digital publishing is another benefit of this tool. So if your book has to be published in digital format, you’re all covered as well.
To conclude, Quark deserves its popularity because of modern graphic design tools and the complex service of content creation.
This is a free and easy tool to virtually design a quality box shot for your software.
You really need a professional-looking box shot in order to attract as many customers as possible to take a look at your product.
Check out the most important features that are packed in this tool:
- You will be able to create an impressive box shot to make your software outstanding.
- 3D Box Shot Maker accepts a front image and a side image as input, and it generates the final image on the fly.
- This tool also offers a shadow and a reflection of the final image.
- 3D Box Shot Maker will show the preview image instantly as you adjust the size and the other parameters that are involved.
Scribus is a page layout program that encourages beginners and professionals alike to create the perfect book covers and more. Check out the main features that are packed in this useful tool:
- Scribus is a reliable and free desktop publishing tool.
- The software is sent to users with over 200 color palettes to offer everyone the opportunity to design the covers just like they imagined.
- You can rely on the best PDF creation, and this is the key to a successful print run.
- Scribus is available for most operating systems including Windows.
- This tool comes in two flavors, development and stability.
It’s recommended that you use the stable version because, in the development one, things are regularly changing.
The eCover Go is the Photoshop eCover Action Script Package. It uses the latest and the most sophisticated technology that makes creating e-book covers and designs for digital products easier than ever before.
Check out the best features of the program:
- You’ll be able to create e-books, 3D models, for your e-book’s cover effortlessly.
- You can create over 200 different cover types.
- Your cover will have a web-ready resolution and transparent background as well.
- You can render more than 75 cover types in just one go.
- This tool comes with a professional and fast rendering engine.
- Using eCover Go, you’ll get fantastic and professional results, but it’s best to see this for yourself. Get this tool from its official website to check out more impressive features.
These are the best five tools for creating book covers and either one you choose, will definitely become a trustworthy partner in your book creation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to design an amazing book cover, you need a good software. Take a closer look at our best book cover design maker software list to find what you need.
The best tools that you can use in order to design a book cover is Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Spark.
As a general rule, a book cover should include the title and author name, but you can also include the subtitle, photos, background images, or graphics. All of this can be easily achieved if you use one of the image editors included in this list.