Adobe After Effects is a visual effects software tool you can download for free. You can use it in various post-production scenarios, ranging from television production, video games, or even the movie industry.
Among the things that it can help you achieve there’s creating cinematic intros for your movies or games, design tasteful transitions, remove objects from clips, animate characters, or even generate digital rain. The possibilities are virtually endless.
However, we won’t spoil your fun by giving it all away in the intro. If you want to find out more about this comprehensive product, just keep on reading our Adobe After Effects review. We’ll keep it short and awesome, as usual. But you can start with the Adobe After Effects free download.
Adobe After Effects system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 versions 1803 and higher
- Architecture: supports 64-bit systems only
- Processor: 64-bit multi-core Intel CPU, equivalent, or better
- Memory: minimum 16 GB RAM, recommended 32 GB RAM and higher
- at least 2GB VRAM (Video RAM)
- NVIDIA driver version 430.86 or higher (older drivers could cause crashes)
- at least 5 GBs free HDD space for installation
- at least 10 GBs free HDD for disk cache
- Display: monitor that supports a display resolution of at least 1280×1080
- Internet: stable connection required for activating the software, validating subscriptions, and accessing online services
- Comprises a huge range of features
- Sharp looking interface
- Stunning results if used right
- No perpetual license
- Installation can take a while
Adobe After Effects free download
If you’re the very least bit familiar with Adobe products, you might’ve seen this coming a long way. Adobe After Effects is not a free product, and you’ll have to pay if you want to use it at your own leisure.
However, if you’re not ready to make that commitment just yet, we have some good news for you. There’s a free trial you can download for Adobe After Effects and use on your PC for 7 days at no cost. The drawback is that you’ll have to hand your credit card information for that to happen.
More so, if you forget to cancel your trial before the 7 day period comes to an end, you’ll be charged the monthly amount. If you only plan on giving the demo version a try, make sure to keep an eye out on its expiration date.
How to download After Effects for free
- Click Download now above.
- Press Free trial.
- At After Effects, select Start free trial.
- Enter your email address.
- Set your credit card details.
How to install Adobe After Effects
Remember that there was a time when Adobe products could be downloaded separately, and it didn’t take forever? Well, those times are long gone, because now we’re stuck with the Creative Cloud installer. Some might prefer it that way, we’re not exactly thrilled to rely on yet another tool to download, install, and access Adobe After Effects.
On the other hand, the setup process is quite intuitive after the Adobe After Effects free download. You just have to launch the Creative Cloud tool, log in to your Adobe account (you have to create one, we didn’t mention that earlier), and click the Download/Install/Update button to retrieve the Adobe After Effects latest version.
While some users claim that the download and setup processes are over in a jiffy, others report slow download speeds and even the process freezing. We just hope you have a pleasant experience because we didn’t.
Adobe After Effects interface
Once you’re able to launch the app, you’ll quickly remember why Adobe is leading the digital graphics market. Before you get deep within the app, you’ll be greeted by the Welcome screen, which seems to care both about professionals and novices alike. This screen provides you with various tips and tricks on how to make your experience more pleasant.
The interface sports a dark theme and a sleek design, and each of Adobe After Effects’ controls are placed within your reach. Therefore, you don’t have to spend a huge amount of time looking around for the tool you need. However, if you’re a total beginner, you might need to get used to the app for a while, before you can operate it like a pro.
Exciting visual graphics software for everyone
All things considered, if you’re looking for a motion graphics/visual effects software solution, Adobe After Effects might be exactly what you need. It comprises an impressive set of tools that will get you started and keep you going for a long, long time.
Although you can’t use this tool without purchasing a license beforehand, there’s a free trial you can use. However, note that the trial only lasts for 7 days and requires you to provide Adobe with your credit card information.
FAQ: Learn more about Adobe After Effects
- How much does Adobe After Effects cost?
You can purchase the standalone version of Adobe After Effects for roughly $20 per month. Alternatively, you can purchase a monthly subscription for the entire Creative Cloud suite, which would leave you short of roughly $50 per month.
- Is Adobe After Effects good for video editing?
No, you can only use Adobe After Effects for post-processing purposes, and not for fully editing video projects. In other words, after your video project is almost ready to be published, you use this tool to add the finishing touches.
- Can I purchase Adobe After Effects permanently?
Unfortunately, a few years ago (2017), you can’t purchase perpetual (lifetime) licenses for many Adobe products, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe InDesign. You can only purchase subscriptions for these products.
Overview of Adobe After Effects features
- Design cinematic intros, transitions, or movie titles from the comfort of your home
- Remove objects from clips without masking or performing frame-by-frame editing
- Generate fires or digital rain in an effortless manner
- Animate objects, characters, scenery, logos, and whatever else you can think of
- Create animated credits, lower thirds, or titles effortlessly
- A wide variety of presets you can choose from, no matter your activity of interest
- Design your projects from scratch, if you’re not a fan of presets
- Many predefined motion paths for your text, including spin, swipe, and slide
- Create outstanding visual projects by combining videos and images in a seamless manner
- Built-in extensive library of effects that includes hundreds of items
- Generate immersive VR experiences to throw your audience in the middle of the action
- Keyframes and expressions enable you to animate anything you want to
- Presets can help you kickstart your animation projects immediately
- Works with the full suite of Adobe apps (Premiere, Dynamic Link, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Character Animator, Photoshop)
- See a preview of your animation before saving the results
- Rich library of step-by-step tutorials that can help you get started
- Helps you create establishing shots in order to set the scene efficiently
- Manipulate the dynamic range of your camera to achieve outstanding results
- Free trial
- visual effects, photo editing, post-processing, graphics, design