Walt DIsney will forever leave its mark in the world of entertainment, and his legacy goes forth in the digital age with their Internet-based streaming service called Disney Plus (stylized as Disney+).
This service give you access to all the content that is now under the Disney brand, providing you with access with amazing and exclusive shows.
Not only will the service give you access to all the classic Disney movies, but you will also see more action-packed content as well, such as the X-Men franchise, Star Wars, and more.
Disney+’s system requirements
If you’re using a Windows 10 PC, there are two ways you can access and view Disney+ content:
- Via browser
- Chrome 75+ is supported on Windows 7 and later
- Edge is supported on Windows 10 and later
- Firefox 68+ is supported on Windows 7 and later
- Internet Explorer 11 is supported on Windows 8.1 and later
- Through the dedicated Disney+ Microsoft Store App
Whichever the choice, don’t forget that you will also need the following:
- High speed internet required
- If using an external display, HDCP is required for HD content
Of course, this service is available on macOS as well, including:
- Safari 11+on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
- Chrome 75+ on macOS 10.10 and later
- Firefox 68+ on macOS 10.9 and later
Disney+ is NOT supported on the following:
- Mobile browsers
- Install the Android or iOS app
- Browsers on Smart TVs, game consoles, and other devices
- Browsers on ChromeOS, including Chromebook
- Any operating systems not listed are not supported
- Great shows that get updated regularly
- Full of classic such as Disney animations
- Plenty of franchises, such as X-Men or Star Wars
- Available with many dubbing and subtitle options
- Includes content made by Pixar and National Geographic
- Easy to access from outside their covered areas with a VPN
- Their library is limited to Disney-owned content
- Officially only available in the US and some European countries
Great for family moments
If you have a child or two, or if you just want to get in touch with your childhood for a few moments, then Disney+ is indeed a subscription option that you should consider.
Of course, Disney+ is not just about the Little Mermaid or Pocahontas, it has all the content that you might have seen while watching the Disney Channel on TV.
More so, with their acquisition of more and more franchises, they now own content for more mature audiences as well, such as the X-Men franchise, or the Star Wars movies.
Taking after Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Max, Disney+ have also tried delving into creating new exclusive content, such as Star Wars’ The Mandalorian which was met with roaring success.
Low prices for great quality content
Paying $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year is pretty much nothing regardless of what you are talking about, but considering that these are the current subscription prices for Disney+, it sounds incredible.
More so, if you like ESPN+ and Hulu, you get them all bundled up together as well for only $12.99 a month.
Considering the quality of the content and the low prices, Disney+ should definitely make it in everyone’s streaming library, and it’s well worth it even if you don’t have time to watch it daily, so go ahead and subscribe today!
- Free trial, Subscription-based