If you’re looking for cool monitor effects to make your home or office cozy, you should consider using a fireplace animated wallpaper. It’s a type of software that takes over your desktop background and replaces it with a a virtual fireplace.
Fireplace is a good example in this case, rendering shades of red and gold to simulate burning logs. The tool also comes with a few options that can be easily configured by anyone, even inexperienced computer users.
- Simply download and open the file
- Autorun on Windows startup to make it your default wallpaper
- Multiple interface languages
- Doesn't meet current quality standards
- Only 1:1 aspect ratio
- No recent updates
Before getting our final verdict for Fireplace, take a look at its system requirements, editions, installation, and features.
Fireplace system requirements
There are no hardware requirements listed for this animated wallpaper. It works with the following Windows editions:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
Fireplace free trial
The animated wallpaper isn’t free to use, but it’s possible to evaluate all its features during 3-minute sessions. Once the 3 minutes are up, the tool brings up a notification window and exits.
As such, you have to manually start Fireplace every 3 minutes. To lift this limitation, you have to get a license for the full product by making a one-time payment.
Once you download the demo file, you can double-click it to immediately set Fireplace as the current desktop wallpaper. There’s no installation involved, which means that you can also store Fireplace on a portable device like a USB pen drive, in order to quickly set the animated wallpaper on any Windows computer.
In addition to placing the animated wallpaper on the screen, here’s what you can do with Fireplace:
- Set the picture position to fit, fill, or stretch
- Set the execution priority to low, normal, or high
- Show or hide desktop icons
- Enable or disable icon smoothing
- Hide the program settings window on startup
- Make the animated wallpaper autorun at Windows boot
- Change the interface language (English, German, French, Spanish)
Fireplace creates an icon in the system tray on startup, which you can access if you wish to play with the settings panel again. The systray menu also displays options for quickly setting the picture position and controlling desktop icons.
Fireplace animated wallpaper with a few tweaks
To conclude, Fireplace is a simple and straightforward animated fireplace that simulates burning logs on your desktop. You don’t have to go through a setup operation since you can just click the downloaded package to transform your desktop into a virtual fireplace.
Furthermore, the tool is accompanied by a few customization options. Unfortunately, the animation doesn’t meet current quality standards. On top of that, it includes a single version of the animated fireplace with a 1×1 aspect ratio.
As such, Fireplace is not suited for standard monitors with 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio. The only workaround for this issue is to set Fireplace’s picture position to stretch or fill, which further damages the image quality. In its defense, the software program hasn’t received updates for a long time.
- How do you use animated wallpaper?
To set a virtual fireplace on the screen using this tool, simply download Fireplace and run the executable file.
- How do I set animated wallpaper as my default background?
To make the Fireplace animated wallpaper your default desktop background, go to its Settings panel and check the Autorun on Windows startup box.
- What’s the best virtual fireplace software?
If you’re looking for the best virtual fireplace software tools for your Windows PC, try Fireplace, Wall of Fire, and 3D Realistic Fireplace, among others.
- Software Version
- Free demo
- fireplace, wallpaper
- Release Notes
- Look into this fire and see unusual images in smoke and mirrors. Such an intense shade of gold tells you that the flames are hot. The cave like setting lets you know it is set in a fantasy world where not all things are as they seem. Close your eyes and let the warmth of the embers give you an inner glow.