Harmony Engine EVO is a dedicated software solution that could help you create realistic vocal harmonies seamlessly. There’s an extensive library of parameters you can adjust to create results as close to your liking as possible.
You can include up to four high-quality harmony voices within your project using this program. Additionally, each voice has its own adjustments you can perform, such as vibrato, panning, or even character.
If we’ve piqued your interest, we’re going to get into more detail in the following sections. Join us if you want to discover all the awesome things that Harmony Engine EVO can help you do.
Harmony Engine EVO’s system requirements
First and foremost, it’s worth mentioning that every software solution, including Harmony Engine EVO, has a list of system requirements. This set of instructions can help you find out if your PC is compatible with a certain program you want to run.
Without further ado, let’s see what specs does your computer need to have so it can run Harmony Engine EVO:
- Special requirements: iLok (not included) for activating and using the software
- AAX Native (32- and 64-bit):
- Pro Tools 10.3.8 or later
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, as required by your version of Pro Tools
- VST2, VST3:
- Any compatible host program (such as a DAW) that can handle these VST formats
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, as required by your host program
- Pro Tools 7.x – 10.x
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, as required by your Pro Tools version
As you can see, there’s no mention about any type of hardware requirement except for the iLok. However, it’s only because Harmony Engine EVO is not a standalone app and relies on a host program to run.
Therefore, you might want to check Pro Tools’ requirements before you purchase this program or the requirements of the host app you’ve decided to use.
- Wide range of customization possibilities
- Lets you play your harmony voices on MIDI keyboards
- Real-life, natural tone creation through adjustments
- Very expensive plugin
- The demo requires third-party paid iLok USB Key
Voice harmony plugin
If you’re looking for a standalone app to help you with vocal harmonies, you’re out of luck. But not because Harmony Engine EVO is not effective. Mainly because it’s not a standalone app, it’s a plugin.
And like any other plugin available on the market, it needs a host application to piggyback, er, integrate its functionality into. That being said, you’ll need to provide it with a supported version of Pro Tools or any VST2- or VST3-friendly host app for it to run on your PC.
Harmony Engine EVO free trial
If you took a peek above, you probably saw the price tag and your heart probably skipped a beat. Considering that you still have to provide Harmony Engine EVO with a host app (which would probably cost money as well), it’s not exactly a cheap acquisition.
However, you’ll be glad to know that there’s a trial version that you can download and use on your PC. The awful news is that you’ll need another thing called an iLok to be able to use the trial/demo. The iLok is a USB key that you’ll have to plug into your PC to unblock certain programs, such as Harmony Engine EVO. That too has a cost.
Includes throat modeling technology
Harmony Engine EVO packs four top-notch formant-adjusted harmony voices. Additionally, every voice has its own vocal character, pan settings, vibrato, and five channels of CHOIR Vocal Multiplier that lets you multiply each voice into 2, 4, or 8 unique unison voices.
Additionally, this tool provides you with throat modeling technology that lets you achieve stunning results. You can process each harmony voice via a physical model of the human vocal tract and adjust various “humanizing” parameters to create results that are as natural sounding as possible.
Create vocal harmonies with Harmony Engine EVO
All things considered, Harmony Engine EVO can be a trustworthy assistant when it comes to vocal harmony creation. It provides you with a broad range of features and parametric adjustments to achieve stunning results.
However, note that it’s not a standalone app, meaning that you’ll have to provide it with a supported host app to integrate its functionality into. More so, you’ll also need an iLok USB Key if you want to test the demo version before purchasing a license.
FAQ: learn more about Harmony Engine EVO
- Is Harmony Engine EVO free?
No, in fact, you can purchase this program for no less than $249. However, you can download and try a demo version on your PC. On the downside, you’ll need to have an iLok USB Key, which also costs you some money.
- Is Harmony Engine EVO a standalone app?
No, this program is actually a plugin and not a standalone application. Thus, you will need to provide it with a stable, supported host program so it can run.
- Do you need a MIDI controller to use Harmony Engine EVO?
No, owning a MIDI controller is not a necessity. However, if you do, you can play the harmonies you created on your controller as if they were sampler or synth voices.
Overview of Harmony Engine EVO features
- Quick, accurate pitch detection
- Artifact-free, smooth pitch shifting
- Four high-quality harmony voices with individual vibrato, vocal character, and pan settings
- CHOIR Vocal Multiplier that lets you create 2, 4, or 8 individual unison voices from a single voice
- Throat Modeling technology lets you process each voice through a virtual rendition of the human vocal tract
- Harmony Control modes that range from fully automatic to individual control
- Set the key and harmony voice intervals for fixed or scaled intervals
- Generate a harmony by defining it chord-by-chord, adding inversion and adjusting a variety of vocal ranges
- Create harmonies in real-time by using a MIDI controller or a pre-recorded MIDI track
- Play up to four harmony voices on your MIDI controller as if they were synth or sampler voices
- Includes four individual MIDI channels that let you control each note of your vocal harmony project
- Spread and Register controls for setting the pitch range and harmony style of your arrangement quickly and intuitively
- Create realistic, natural-sounding vocal harmonies by using the Humanize functions
- Freeze pitch and/or formant articulation instantly to create unique backup vocal effects
- Configure up to 15 complete harmony settings and save them within a harmony preset matrix for later use
- Create and recall up to 6 individual vocal groups instantly with the voice parameter preset matrix
- audio, plugin, voice, harmony, VST, DAW