Transcribe! slows down your music to help you easily write down what you’re hearing in an audio recording, whether it’s speech, the lyrics of a song, or anything else.
There aren’t many audio transcription applications dedicated to transcribing the notes of a piece of music. Unless you have a good ear, it can be inconvenient and frustrating to figure out chords on your own by repeating the same old track until you get it right.
But we think that Transcribe! is one of the best in this business. Equipped with an intuitive interface and comprehensive features, this Windows application can be incredibly practical for music enthusiasts who want to practice songs. It can also be used for speech transcription. In addition to Windows, it works with Mac and Linux.
- Effortlessly write notes from music
- Great for play-along practice
- Can also be used for speech transcription
- No forever-free version available
Before finding out our review for Transcribe!, let’s take a look at system requirements, editions, installation, and the interface.
Transcribe! system requirements
No specific hardware requirements exist for Transcribe!, so it should work on most computers. It supports these Windows versions:
- Windows 10 (newest version)
- Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP (version 8.40)
As such, you should make sure to download the program version compatible with your operating system.
Transcribe! free version
This software application isn’t freeware, but you can fully test its options and configuration settings during a 31-days free trial. Once time’s up, though, you have the choice to either remove the product from your PC or purchase a license.
On the bright side, you just have to make a one-time payment to acquire a software license. Since there’s no subscription plan involved, you don’t need to worry about monthly fees.
How to install Transcribe!
Setting up Transcribe! is an easy task, thanks to a familiar wizard. After accepting the license agreement, you can pick a different install path and control desktop shortcuts. The remaining setup takes place almost instantly.
As far as the interface is concerned, Transcribe! has two windows: one for audio effects and controls, and another for playback and settings. It has a simple appearance and options, so you shouldn’t feel overwhelmed when firing it up for the first time.
Transcribe! – great transcribing software app
Although Transcribe! isn’t technically an audio transcription tool, it comes with optimized features for this task. It’s a great solution for play-along practice and speech transcription, thanks to advanced, yet intuitive options.
Transcribe! doesn’t put a strain on computer performance and loads transcription files quickly, without delays. Taking everything into account, it delivers a simple solution for working out music by listening to a recording. It’s definitely more convenient than having to play tracks over and over until you finally figure out the correct notes.
If you want to find out more info about Transcribe!, such as video tutorials and supported foot pedals for controlling playback, make sure to visit the developer’s website.
- Is Transcribe! free?
No, Transcribe! isn’t free, but you can evaluate all its features during a 31-days free trial. It’s more than enough to figure out if you want to keep using it by buying a software license.
- Is Transcribe! safe?
No malware agents are infiltrated into Transcribe!, so it’s perfectly safe to download, install, and use this application. Just make sure to always get it from the original source.
- What is the best audio transcription software?
Transcribe! is at the top of our list when it comes to the best audio transcription tools. However, if you want to check out other similar products, we suggest giving a shot to Sibelius AudioScore Ultimate, Akoff Music Composer, and ScoreCloud.
Overview of Transcribe! features
- Open an audio recording file to write out the piece of music
- Supports WAV, MP3, M4A and other audio tracks, along with XSC transcription files
- Slow down music without changing the pitch
- Change the audio pitch and speed, slow down and speed up playback instantly
- View and analyze cords, add markers and annotations
- Use a virtual on-screen piano to play reference notes
- Great software solution for play-along practice
- Save and recall any number of loops
- Can also be used as a speech-to-text solution
- Supports foot pedals for controlling playback
- Record new sound files in WAV, AIFF or MP3 format, set the sample rate and channel mode
- Use and reconfigure keyboard shortcuts for all program commands
- Set section, measure, beat and equally-space selected markers, compute the tempo
- Add, edit, delete, and export text blocks
- Increase or decrease the piano roll sensitivity
- Free trial