- The Gmail Something went wrong message could be caused by a faulty Chrome installation.
- An immediate alternative is switching to another search engine, and we have a great option.
- Of course, there are ways to solve the issue in no time, such as managing your browsing data.
- Getting an alert that says Something went wrong with your Google account might also be the result of an unstable Internet connection.
Many users owning a Gmail account encountered a frustrating issue where they weren’t granted access to their email inbox.
Gmail tends to generate the Something went wrong error message and it often pops up blocking the sign-in process, and it can happen because your Gmail account settings are outdated.
Although many reported being sure that they used the correct password, the unexpected error message left them hopeless.
We managed to come up with a few solutions that we found to fix this specific issue.
How do I fix the Something went wrong Gmail error?
1. Use Opera
Opera is already known as one of the greatest browsers out there, mainly thanks to its incorporated advanced VPN and ad-blocker that ensure the ultimate online security against malware.
This search-engine is developed on a lightweight technology but at the same time it offers multitude of functions, such as Facebook and Instagram integration and a customizable layout.
We also need to mention the most obvious characteristic of Opera, which is the great speed, but we can’t forget the sync capabilities or the fact that it allows you to attach files and import data.
Opera also incorporates workspaces features like the group tab that allows you to easily organize yourself, but also search in opened or recently closed tabs.
The best thing about this search engine is that you can use it anytime your default browser generates problems and it’s a great alternative when you get the Something went wrong alert on your Google account.
OperaUse Opera to access Gmail inbox and never have to worry about errors ever again. It’s that good!
2. Use Mailbird
Alternatively, you can also switch to a different email client. In this case, you might be wondering which is the best email clients for Windows?
The answer? Mailbird client is our top choice.
When you are using your browser to read your emails, you need to understand that the actual website is very complex. Basically, it tries to mimic a desktop app in terms of functionalities.
This usually means that users face various errors, one of them being the Google sign-in issue that reads Something went wrong.
Mailbird, of course, is a different software than your browser and can be much more capable and powerful.
For instance, you can easily add multiple email addresses from various providers and have them unified in one place as well as integrate other services such as Google Calendar, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Easily search through all your attachments and postpone reading certain email with the Snooze function.
One other benefit: it’s highly likely that your browser consumes a lot of CPU and RAM. Moving your email tabs outside the browser will help with that.
3. Reinstall Chrome
- Find and delete the browser folder usually located in:
C:Program Files (x86)GoogleChrome
- Delete the Chrome data folder as well. By default, the path should be:
- Download and install Google Chrome back using the official download link.
Note: If you’re experiencing slow loading speeds for Gmail, it can get frustrating over time, but it’s easy to resolve.
4. Clear browsing data
- Click the three dots icon on the top right corner of Google Chrome.
- Select More tools, then click on Clear browsing data.
- Make sure to select All time as the time range.
- Click Clear data.
This simple process is sometimes a quick fix for the Gmail errors oops Something went wrong alert.
In case you’re experiencing a specific issue with Google Photos errors, rest assured that you can resolve it by following a few steps.
5. Check Internet connection
- Perform a speed test on your Internet connection.
- Check to see if other websites load properly.
- Hard reset your modem/router.
- Make sure to use a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- Contact your Internet provider if you notice abnormal Internet activity.
We hope that at least one of these solutions helped you to fix this Gmail error message and we have solutions even if your Gmail is not loading properly.
If you liked this article, leave us a comment in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gmail displays this message when the email server is temporarily unavailable. Find out how you can solve this problem in our great guide on how to fix the Something went wrong Gmail error.
If you get an error when trying to perform this action, you can always go for an alternative tool like Mailbird. See what other options you have in this article on fixing Gmail error: Too many messages to download.
There are instances when your email provider generates an error when sending messages, solve it right away with this guide on fixing Gmail address not found alert.