- Many Squarespace users reported encountering the Something went wrong error in various situations.
- You should check the antivirus software on your PC, as it may interfere with certain apps.
- Extensions installed in your browser play a very important role in this type of error.
- Use a third-party software to clear all caches and cookies in your browser.
A great number of Squarespace users have reported encountering the error Something went wrong. The situations in which this error occurs are extremely varied, including logging into the admin account, changing pages, or even when adding information to your site’s fields.
Because it appears in such varied situations, and because the error code isn’t specific, this one is extremely tricky to fix.
Even though the developers at Squarespace have not yet released an official fix for this issue, there are a few troubleshooting methods available for you to try.
In this article, we’ll explore several potential solutions that might fix this problem.
How can I fix Something went wrong error on Squarespace?
1. Check antivirus software on your PC
Note: These steps will vary depending on the third-party antivirus software you’re using on your PC (We will be using BitDefender for this example).
- Double-click the antivirus icon found near your Windows clock to open it.
- Access the Protection panel.
- Inside the Settings tab -> click on Whitelist.
- Inside the newly opened window -> click Add -> copy the link of Squarespace.com and add it to the list.
- Click Save and close the window.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
2. Disable all installed extensions from your browser
- Click on the 3 dots button found at the top-right of your browser window.
- Hover your mouse over the More tools option -> select Extensions.
- Inside the Extensions window -> toggle all the buttons off to deactivate every add-on.
- Re-start your browser -> access Squarespace again and check to see if the issue is resolved.
- Click the 3 stripes button -> select Add-ons -> Extensions or Themes.
- Click Disable for each of the add-ons in the list.
- Restart your browser and check to see if the issue is resolved.
3. Delete cache and cookies for the browser you’re having issues with
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows) or Command-Shift-Delete (Mac) to open the menu
- Find the Clear cache and cookies option
- Choose the time range and site data
- Click on the Clear now button
Follow the steps above to delete cache and cookies from the browser you are using. Some have additional steps, but the overall process is easy and intuitive.
We recommend trying a third-party browser that shields your browsing and has built-in tools that allow you to navigate faster. A compact interface is always preferred, as it helps you manage and organize everything from one place.
In this article, we explored some of the best methods to deal with the Something went wrong error on Squarespace.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you, by using the comment section below.