The Speedtest by Ookla app is one of the most popular tools out there for easy and quick connection testing. Ookla recently updated the app for Windows 10 with support for 16 more languages and the addition of patches for certain bugs.
Speedtest by Ookla now displays packet loss and jitter information for a more comprehensive result. However, mobile users seem to be encountering trouble when they try to download the update. Although some users could see the download button in the menu of installed apps, the download process does not start once they click on it. Microsoft has yet to comment on this issue.
The app’s Windows Store listing states:
Use Speedtest for easy, one-click connection testing in under 30 seconds—accurate everywhere thanks to our global network.
Millions of people each day use the Speedtest website and mobile apps to test their internet speed. Now, the most accurate and convenient way to test your speed lives on your Windows desktop.
- Get your ping, download, and upload speeds within seconds
- Real-time graphs show connection consistency
- Troubleshoot or verify the speed you were promised
- Track prior tests with detailed reporting
- Easily share your results
The app’s features include:
- Test internet speeds
- Speed test
- Ping test
- Packet loss indentification
- Download test
- Upload test
Ookla first rolled out the Windows 10 version of the Speedtest app in October last year after a long period of only maintaining a Windows Phone 8.1 app.
The updated app is available to download from the Windows Store. Have you checked out the updated Speedtest by Ookla app for Windows 10? Share your thoughts by dropping a comment.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Top 9 WiFi tools for maximizing performance in Windows 10
- Best tools to test Internet speed on Windows 10
- Fix: Windows 10 Anniversary Update slowing down internet speeds
- 5 best bandwidth limiter tools for Windows 10