People who believe in snacking while gaming or working away on their computers oftentimes do not have spill resistant keyboards.
There’s a tendency to think that because they’re used to doing it, the chances of liquid spills from canned soda or particles from their favorite snacks won’t fall on the keyboard.
Well, you could get yourself a keyboard protector to prevent such spills and particles from finding their way into your keyboard thus causing damage, and affecting its performance.
Alternatively, you can invest in a spill resistant keyboard.
Spill resistant keyboards are designed to keep away the spills, and the anxiety, and eventual damage that comes with it.
It also gives you enough time to save your data and shut down your computer before it gets worse, by delaying the time taken for a spill to reach the mainboard of your computer.
Before spill-resistant keyboards were invented, the mainboard and everything connected to it would be damaged, and/or ruined, resulting in system failure.
But now, this new innovation ensures your system is protected with the double tape sealing, insulation and several other mechanisms that work together to prevent damage from spills contacting the running components.
Check out the best spill-resistant keyboards you can get before the year is over.
Which are the best spill-resistant keyboards for PC?
- The humanized design of the keycap makes very ergonomic to the touch
- Adjustable breathing speed and breathing mode illuminated keyboard
- The surface of the button is coated with a skin-like rubber oil
- Made of all-metal material, shockproof and wear-resistant
- Mixed colorful rainbow LED backlight
- Plug and play without any software
- Letters may wear off if used too much
Gaming can get intense at times, and maybe you want your entire setup to look sweet and cool, so a bit of RGB is always welcome.
However, if you can’t afford something pricier like a Razer keyboard, then the WisFox gaming keyboard is a great budget-friendly alternative.
The backlighting is incredible, and you don’t have to worry about spilling drinks on it either since it is water-resistant as well.
- Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and more
- Supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Able to execute up to ten commands at the same time
- Built to withstand most accidental liquid splashes
- Built-in key rollover anti-ghosting
- Seems cheaply made compared to keyboards of the same price bracket
It would be impossible to create a list of peripherals without including a Razer product, since they are that good, and the Razer Cynosa Chroma gaming keyboard is the one to make our list.
This keyboard brings you the full extent of Razer Chroma capabilities, supporting up to 16.8 million colors for its key lighting.
Additionally, the product is great for multitasking thanks to the rollover anti-ghosting that allows up to 10 commands to be transmitted at once.
- Durable and high-performance constructed with classic crater structure
- Fantastic rainbow LED backlit gaming keyboard with 2 lighting modes
- Membrane keyboard can withstand 10 million key presses
- The metal frame is also coated with rubber oil
- Designed with integrated wrist rest
- Keys don't feel like they were made for intense gaming
If you want to complete a gaming setup with a nice looking gaming keyboard, but the budget is a bit tight, then the PICTEK Metal gaming keyboard is the right keyboard for your needs.
It is built with a metal frame, and it features plenty of RGB lights to make it look flashy as top-tier gaming keyboards.
More so, it is spill-resistant so don’t worry if you end up with soda over it during intense PvP matches, because it can handle it.
- 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover
- Wired connectivity: USB 2.0 Type-A
- Fully programmable with CUE
- Windows key lock mode
- Dust and spill-resistant
- Software CD not included with the product
Gaming has always been the IT field where technology is being pushed to the limits, and peripherals such as the Corsair K68 mechanical gaming keyboard are proof of that.
This keyboard is made to be durable, responsive, accurate, comfortable, and it also looks incredibly sweet with the cherry-red design.
Additionally, Esports pros will love the macro programming feature of the Corsair Utility Engine, allowing them to perform complex tasks with just a few keystrokes.
- The backlight of the keyboard can also be turned off when you don't need it
- Adopts the slim metal-panel structure design to make it more resistant
- One-piece wrist rest provides a comfortable space for your hands
- Crater structure also provides quiet keystrokes
- Fantastic rainbow LED backlit keys
- Doesn't have anti-ghosting
If you need a keyboard that looks good and doesn’t break the budget, the VictSing gaming keyboard is the next best solution for you.
It features the staple RGB elements that you would expect from a gaming keyboard, and it features advanced anti-ghosting technology allowing up to 19 keys to function at a time.
Lastly, installing it is as simple as counting to 3, since it features Plug & Play capabilities, so you don’t have to worry about drivers being an issue with it.
- It has a water-resistant function, so you don't have to worry about spillings
- Cool brushed metal panel not only enhances the texture of the keyboard
- All keys are very soft to touch and offer very precise keystrokes
- The keyboard is designed with an aluminum alloy panel
- It has a lifespan of 5,000,000 clicks
- Some keys are not as silent as the rest
If you’re looking for a keyboard that is a bit on the eccentric side, then the LANGTU membrane gaming keyboard is the right choice for you.
It features a fantastic aluminum-based design, making it both solid and resistant, but also lightweight and easy to travel with.
Additionally, it features a 7-color rainbow backlight function, and it is made to resist up to 5 million clicks, so it will not only look good it will last you a very long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are quite a few water-resistant models. Check out this list of best spill-resistant keyboards and make an informed choice.
Even if not all Razer keyboards are waterproof, there are other things to like about them. Just take a look at these best Razer keyboards in that regard.
Yes, they are durable, with handy shortcut keys, and full media controls. Check out this list including the best Corsair keyboards and you won’t be disappointed.