SQL Server query execution failed for dataset [EXPERT FIX]
Microsoft’s database management system has been with us for some time, but many users reported SQL Server query execution failed for dataset error keeps shooting off. What do we do now? It’s an issue related to permissions, but worry not, we’ve got a few solutions for you.
I have created a report using SQL Server Data Tool for Visual Studio 2012, but when viewing reports from Project Web App, I get the following error.
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Query execution failed for dataset ‘ ‘. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
My reports are created in Native Mode, as I am deploying reports on Project Online
Can anyone suggest the way out..
What to do if SQL Server query execution fails?
1. Permission solution
- Access your Management Studio and right click on the faulty database.
- Now select Properties, next you’re going to add this line for the user section: NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE.
- Allow permission to the user string you just created.
- Now click on OK, and try accessing your database once again.
2. Convert date parameters
- For this solution, you should do a conversion of your date and time parameter, from the SQL Server and the report in question.
- Try setting your date and time parameters to a String type in your report.
3. Remove custom date classes
- Try heading over to the dataset’s properties and remove the custom data classes.
- Then proceed by removing any embedded SQL ‘s in the report with the use of the Microsoft Report Builder.
4. Check your connection
- For this instance, you need to make sure that you are connected to the correct datasource. Namely, the one that has the tables you need and you have the permission to access that datasource in question.
- Remember to directly run the data you’re loading from the database, to avoid getting any other errors.
If you’re getting SQL Server query execution failed for dataset error on your PC, be sure to try one of our solutions to fix this problem once and for all.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Unable to automatically step into the server: Get the best fixes here
- 6 best Windows hosting services for 2019 [FRESH LIST]
- Sorry we are having temporary server issues error in Office 365 [FIX]
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.