Is your SSD not showing up in My computer, BIOS, or inside the Disk Management window?
Then you will need to read through this guide and apply the mentioned solutions.
Please follow the steps carefully to avoid causing any other issues, and to avoid losing any data from your SSD.
Here’s what to do if your SSD doesn’t show up on Windows 10
SSD won’t show up in My computer
- Press the Win+R keys on your keyboard.
- Type in diskmgmt.msc -> press Enter.
- Identify your SSD drive inside the list and select it.
- Right-click your SSD drive where the name is located -> Initialize Disk (this will format the drive).
- Choose between the bootable (MBR) or storage device (GPT) -> click Ok (this will depend if you want to use your SSD as a bootable drive or not).
- Right-click the HDD size of your SSD -> choose New Simple Volume.
- Select the needed space (default will be the size of your SSD).
- In the Format Partition window -> choose NTFS -> follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
SSD won’t show up in BIOS
For specific instructions about how to enter your PC‘s BIOS setup menu, pay close attention to the black screen when you turn on your PC or find the information appropriate documentation.
You will need to Change the Onboard SATA Mode option to [AHCI] in order for your SSD to be recognized.
SSD won’t show in Disk Management
- Turn PC off.
- Unplug all the other drives connected to your PC.
- Connect your SSD to SATA port 1.
- Use a Windows disk or USB to start the Windows installation on it (this will give you access to the disk partition section).
- Format the SSD.
- Cancel the installation of your Windows and check to see if Disk Management recognized your SSD.
Kingston SSD won’t show up
In the case that the SSD is recognized by the other machine, you will need to follow the steps presented in the first and second methods of this article.
If you find that the Kingston SSD is not showing up there either, then it is safe to assume that your SSD has failed. If the SSD is still under warranty, you can contact Kingston for more help.
New SSD won’t show up
If you performed all the steps mentioned above and it’s still not recognized, please contact the manufacturer for support.
Please let us know if you found this guide helpful by using the comment section below.
- Fix SSD error 2100 with these solutions
- SSD migration error? Fix with these 5 solutions
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update breaks NVMe SSDs for many