- Purchasing a new game or credit on Steam, the most popular PC gaming store can result in an error if you try using PayPal as a payment option.
- Our guide will show you how to solve this issue by logging in on Steam through your personal browser and purchasing your game or DLC from there.
- We have a dedicated Steam page with all kinds of guides and how-to's related to the popular gaming platform.
- For more Windows 10 articles, you can check our Windows Troubleshooting Hub, which hosts our most practical guides.
Users of the Steam PC gaming client on Windows 10 may face some issues when trying to purchase games through PayPal. This issue is generally caused by the cache on your Steam client.
Selecting PayPal as a payment method for your game or DLC will result in the following error message:
Your purchase has not been completed. The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method.
How do I fix the PayPal purchase error on Steam?
1. Use Steam on your browser for the PayPal purchase
- At times, the Steam client may not work properly for PayPal purchases
- To fix this, close your Steam client by heading over to the Steam icon on your Taskbar, then right-clicking on Exit
- Next up, open your Internet browser of choice, then head over to Steam‘s Store website
- Log in to Steam, then add your item to the shopping cart, and head over to the payment method
- Select Paypal, and click on Continue. Log in through the PayPal website and authorize the payment
- Your payment should now go through
- Open up your Steam client again to download your purchased game or DLC
2. Unlink the PayPal account from your Steam client
- Open up your browser and head over to the Steam‘s Store website
- Head over to the top-right corner, click on your account name and choose Account Details
- Under Store & Purchase section, you can unlink your PayPal account by clicking on the Delete button
- Head over to the Steam Store and purchase your item again
- Make sure that Save my payment preference is not checked
- Your purchase should now complete successfully
3. Clear your Steam browser cache and cookies
- Head to the top-left corner of your Steam client, and select Steam
- Click on Settings, then go to Web Browser
- Click on Delete Web Browser Cache and Delete All Browser Cookies options
- Retry your Steam purchase with PayPal
4. Steam’s servers might be down
Sometimes the payment might not work due to Steam‘s servers not working temporarily. To check this, follow this link to see Steam‘s servers current status. If some servers are indeed down, you would need to wait until the issue is fixed.
Once you check again and the servers are back to normal, just head over to the Steam Store again to make your purchase through PayPal.
FAQ: Learn more about PayPal purchases on Steam
- How do I add a payment method to Steam?
Open up your Steam client, then head over to the top-right corner of your client, click on your profile name, and select Account Details. Choose the Add funds to your Steam Wallet option to add funds to your Steam account.
- How do I refund a Steam game to PayPal?
Head over to Steam‘s Support page and choose Purchases, then select the game or DLC that you want to refund. First, choose I would like a refund, and then I’d like to request a refund.
- Do Steam refunds go to your wallet?
Steam refunds can be sent back either to your original PayPal account or to your Steam Wallet on your account. This also includes any Steam gifts that you may have refunded.