- The Steam Your transaction cannot be completed because you have another pending transaction on your account error prevents you from buying your game.
- If Steam has a pending transaction problem, you can easily cancel it and try again.
- There's also a good idea to check whether the Steam server is up and running as shown below.
- If you get the another pending transaction error in Steam, you can also try using their website.
Steam is the foremost web distribution platform for Windows games. However, some users have posted on the Steam forum about a You have another pending transaction on your account error.
Steam displays that error message for some users when they try to make a purchase. Users can’t complete transactions for games when that issue arises.
How can I fix the Pending Transaction Error?
1. Is Steam down?
The pending transaction error might be due to a Steam server outage. Ok, that’s not a common scenario; but it might still be worth checking if Steam is down.
To do that, open the Downdetector website; and select a country in the drop-down menu.
Enter Steam in the search box on that site to open the page directly below, which provides further details pertaining to Steam server outages.
2. Cancel other pending transactions
- Many users have fixed the pending transaction Steam error by canceling other pending transactions (You can do that by opening the Steam software and clicking your user account name).
- Click the Account Details option.
- Then click the View purchase history option to open a list of Steam transactions.
- If there are multiple pending purchases, select one of the pending purchases.
- Then select the Cancel this transaction option.
- Click the Cancel my purchase option.
3. Try purchasing via the Steam website
Alternatively, try purchasing games via the Steam website instead of its client software. Open Steam in a web browser. Then click login on the website and try getting the game from there.
Of course, this is only a temporary solution but it’s good enough if you only have to download one game.
4. Disable the VPN and the IP proxy software
- Select VPN or IP proxy software on the Processes tab.
- Click the End task button.
- Select the Start-up tab shown directly below.
- Then select VPN or IP proxy software included on the Start-up tab.
- Click the Disable button to remove the VPN or IP proxy from the system startup.
The Steam transaction errors can also be due to VPN and IP proxy software. Users can close, or disable, VPN and IP proxy software by right-clicking Windows 10’s taskbar and selecting Task Manager.
On the other hand, you could always try using a VPN service that is more stable and causes less issues with your Steam client and purchases.
⇒ Get PIA
Those are a few potential fixes for Steam’s pending transaction error. Users can also set up a Steam support account to send a support ticket if further resolutions are needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
These errors usually resolve themselves in a few days (up to 10), but if it doesn’t or you don’t want to wait, you can follow this guide to fix the pending Steam transactions.
According to the Steam support page, this can take up to 10 days, depending on your bank’s policy. You can also use PayPal but if you have problems using it, here’s a complete troubleshooting guide to fix PayPal issues in Steam.
If you notice that you cannot make new transactions using Steam, check whether or not the client is lagging or running slow first.