Steam is the foremost web distribution platform for Windows games. However, some users have posted on the Steam forum about a You have another pending transaction on your account error. Steam displays that error message for some users when they try to make a purchase. Users can’t complete transactions for games when that issue arises.
How can Steam Users Fix the Pending Transaction Error?
1. Is Steam Down?
The pending transaction error might be due to a Steam server outage. Ok, that’s not a common scenario; but it might still be worth checking if Steam is down. To do that, open the Downdetector website; and select a country in the drop-down menu. Enter ‘Steam’ in the search box on that site to open the page directly below, which provides further details pertaining to Steam server outages.
2. Cancel Other Pending Transactions
- A lot of users have fixed the pending transaction Steam error by canceling other pending transactions. Users can do that by opening the Steam software and clicking their user account names.
- Click the Account Details option.
- Then click the View purchase history option to open a list of Steam transactions.
- If there are multiple pending purchases, select one of the pending purchases.
- Then select the Cancel this transaction option.
- Click the Cancel my purchase option.
3. Try Purchasing via the Steam Website
Alternatively, try purchasing games via the Steam website instead of its client software. Open Steam in a web browser. Then click login on the website, and try getting the game from there.
4. Disable VPN and IP Proxy Software
- Steam transaction errors can also be due to VPN and IP proxy software. Users can close, or disable, VPN and IP proxy software by right-clicking Windows 10’s taskbar and selecting Task Manager.
- Select VPN or IP proxy software on the Processes tab.
- Click the End task button.
- Select the Start-up tab shown directly below.
- Then select VPN or IP proxy software included on the Start-up tab.
- Click the Disable button to remove the VPN or IP proxy from the system startup.
Those are a few potential fixes for Steam’s pending transaction error. Users can also set up a Steam support account to send a support ticket if further resolutions are needed.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Steam error bad session: Fix it with these 4 solutions
- How can I fix Bad module Steam error [FULL FIX]
- Fix No user logon Steam error permanently with these solutions