Surround sound has been with us for quite some time now. In simple terms, it is the ability of an audio device to simulate the feeling of sound coming from all directions, without having speakers put in every angle.
Many stereo and AV receivers come with this technology incorporated, making home cinemas feel even more like actual cinemas.
All things considered, we’ve compiled a list of the best AV and stereo receivers that support surround sound. This is so that you can make the best purchasing choice for your home theater.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the top deals on stereo receivers for surround sound?
- 5.1-Channel powerful surround sound
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity
- 10Hz – 100kHz frequency response
- Connect up to four speakers for separate rooms or unified playback
- Turntable connector
- May experience echoing sounds
If you value sound above all else, then few AV receivers will provide you with the audio quality you will experience if you get the Yamaha R-S202BL.
The R-S202 gives you the experience you get in a live performance and the Bluetooth connectivity adds easy access to streaming music.
This piece of technology was optimized for maximum power and minimal interference. The power transformer was positioned near the amp circuit for peak power supply.
- S-Force PRO delivers virtual surround sound with only a 2 speaker setup
- 4K HDR compatible with HDCP 2.2 support for sharper source to screen image quality
- Stream music and use Bluetooth Standby to turn on the receiver from your phone
- Enjoy a multi-channel stereo setup, FM radio tuner, and 1/4 inches headphone jack
- 4 stereo RCA audio inputs and 2 digital audio outputs
- The Bluetooth feature is audio-only
Having a home cinema can be great, especially if you have a 4K TV, but you can make it even greater if you have an AV receiver like the Sony STRDH590.
The advanced D.C.A.C. analyzes and adjusts the audio for optimal sound in any room, so it doesn’t matter what size or shape it is, you will get perfect sound quality.
- 4K HD TV with HDR10, HLG, BT.2020, 4:4:4 pure color sub-sampling, eARC and more.
- Features Audyssey MultEQ XT32
- Can stream unlimited music through Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and more
- Can stream via Wi-Fi, Airplay or Bluetooth
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa
- Customer support is not the best
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
True surround sound virtualization is hard to come by, even if you have the right speaker setup.
But if you have an AV receiver like the Denon AVR-X4700H then you should be prepared for something entirely new.
It is a 9.2 channel stereo receiver with IMAX Enhanced and 3D videos that supports three-dimensional sound formats thanks to the Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D technology.
- D.C.A.C. EX and virtual speaker relocation technology
- Experience 7 channel surround sound with only a 5 channel speaker setup
- DTS:X object-based surround sound
- 4K HDR compatible with HDCP 2.2
- Enjoy a multi-channel stereo setup and preset channel FM / AM radio tuner
- Has Chromecast and is AirPlay, Multi-Room, and Google Home compatible
- Compatibility issues with certain TV models
Not everyone can afford a 7.2 surround sound system, so, having a stereo receiver that can virtualize that with only a 5 channel speaker setup can be a Godsend.
That would be the Sony STR-DN1080, as it lets you experience 7 channel surround sound in a way that makes you think you are at a concert, or actually within the movie you are watching.
- Delivers high-quality video
- Supports Wi-Fi, Airplay or Bluetooth with HEOS multi-room wireless speakers
- Full voice control compatibility with Amazon Alexa
- Clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings
- Easy-to-use thanks to the four quick selection panels
- Bad customer support in case of issues with the product
If you’re buying your first stereo or AV receiver for a home theater system, it might as well go for one that is extremely user-friendly, like the Denon AVR-S650H.
You can control it using Amazon Alexa, but it can also be controlled thanks to the simple user interface and quick selection buttons.
We live in an age where technology allows us to experience multimedia entertainment like never before.
The screens are getting bigger and clearer, so we get immersed into the action visually, and the sound systems are getting better and better at emulating surround sound, making us believe that we are actually there.
All in all, having a good AV or stereo receiver that supports surround sound technology will definitely change the way you view movies and listen to music.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.