How to stream music from Windows computers to Xbox One
Streaming music from your Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 device to your Xbox One is now simpler than ever. All you need to do is install Groove Music, run the latest Xbox One OS and download Stream What You Hear on your Windows PC.
Xbox One now supports background audio, which means you can listen to your favorite tracks while playing the latest games on the console. You can also install one of these Xbox One background audio apps to get the job done, but if you want to stream music from your Windows computer or tablet to your console, you can follow the steps listed below.
How to stream music to your Xbox One console
- Install the latest OS on your your Xbox One console
- Install the latest version of Groove Music.
- Download Stream What You Hear on your PC and install it. The app is free.
- Launch Stream What You Hear.
- Right-click its icon in the system tray to activate the menu
- Go to Settings > PCM/L16 > OK > Yes
- Open Groove Music on your Xbox One
- Come back to the the Stream What You Hear app, click on the menu > select Stream To > select Xbox One.
Wait for a couple of seconds, and your Windows computer will stream music to your Xbox One console, with Groove Music in the background. Once the connection is established, you can mute sound on your Windows device. Stream What You Hear transfers sound directly from your machine.
In the case Groove Music doesn’t play any sound, select your Xbox One again. You can also pause and resume music in the Groove Music app, reboot your console or close Groove Music to fix this issue.
You can use this method to stream Spotify from your computer to your Xbox One console. Spotify doesn’t offer support for Xbox One yet, but you can use third-party apps to get the job done.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to download Xbox Play Anywhere games on your Xbox One
- Xbox One background audio issues fixed in latest Xbox Preview update
- Play background podcasts on Xbox One with Cast app
Many users have reported Internet connection sharing error 1053 when trying to start the Internet Connection Sharing services (ICS). After our research regarding this error […]
According to some Reddit users, Windows 10 v1903 caused problems for .ogg extension files. In other words, they can’t play .ogg files on their computers […]
Many users complained on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 update often gets stuck. One user says that is getting the What Needs Your Attention message. […]