Many Xbox One owners reported UPnP not successful message on their console. Here’s what one user said about this error on the Microsoft Answers forum:
So I just bought a xbox one s and went to play black ops 4 and my party chat was very crackly and then it eventually kicked me. After looking into it some more I saw that my UPnp said unsucessful. I then looked into how to fix it and found out that my internet provider (AT&T) doesnt support UPnp. But on my last xbox one the chat worked fine. What changed with the xbox’s that screwed this up and how can i fix it?? Thanks!
This is a network error and it can cause issues during the multiplayer sessions, so let’s see how to fix it.
How can I fix UPnP not successful error on Xbox One?
1. Change the settings on your router
- Log in to the router’s configuration page.
- Locate the UPnP setting and turn it off.
- Restart your console, modem, and router.
- After your router boots, open the configuration page again and enable UPnP setting. If available, make sure to enable Zero Config setting as well.
- Restart your modem and router once again and check if the issue is still there.
If UPnP feature isn’t available on your router, try using DMZ, Port Forwarding or Port Triggering features instead.
2. Set a static IP address on Xbox and open the required ports
- On your Xbox, go to the Dashboard.
- Select Settings > All Settings.
- Now select Network > Network Settings > Advanced settings.
- Write down the information from the screen.
- Now go to the IP Settings > Manual.
- Enter the Subnet mask and Gateway from the previous screen. Be sure to set a unique IP address that isn’t used by any other network device in your network.
Now you just have to open the network ports. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open your router’s configuration page.
- Now open the following ports:
- Port 88 (UDP)
- Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 80 (TCP)
- Port 500 (UDP)
- Port 3544 (UDP)
- Port UDP 4500 (UDP)
- Save changes and check if the problem is resolved.
There you go, two solutions that can help you fix the UPnP not successful error on your Xbox One, so be sure to try them both.
- 4 ways to fix Xbox error code c101a3ff
- Xbox One won’t update [FIXES THAT REALLY WORK]
- Here’s how to fix frequent Xbox One S errors
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.