- We all enjoy the variety of content on most streaming apps today hence the rise in the number of subscribers globally.
- Whereas streaming content is a huge convenience, sometimes it can be frustrating when a video keeps buffering.
- To address this issue in Sundance Now streaming app, we have compiled workarounds to resolve this problem easily.
If you’re a Sundance Now subscriber, you know what it’s like to be stuck in an endless cycle of buffering just when you are in the middle of an interesting watch.
The Sundance Now app is a streaming service that allows you to watch popular shows on your Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, and more. It is free to download and offers you several free movies and TV shows to stream.
Sundance Now has a variety of shows, but sometimes, it can be frustrating when you are interrupted often.
You can choose to troubleshoot the error or choose streaming software to make your experience a little more bearable.
Why is my Sundance Now not working?
There are a few reasons why your Sundance Now is not working. Some of the reasons include:
- Server issues – If you are having trouble accessing Sundance Now app, it may be due to an outage or server problem. It could be that there is an error with the service. If this is the case, then you should check the website for an update on the issue.
- Inadequate bandwidth – The bandwidth required by the Sundance Now app depends on the number of devices streaming simultaneously. If you have multiple devices streaming all at once, you may end up with buffering issues or a Sundance Now error fetching video.
- Outdated flash player – If you are using a browser to stream Sundance Now, you may experience buffering issues if your Adobe flash player is not up-to-date.
- Poor internet connection – Sometimes, the Sundance Now app is just not working because of a poor connection. To ensure your internet connection is working correctly, try watching a video on another device and see if it plays smoothly.
What causes buffering problems?
The most common cause of buffering problems is slow speeds. The slower your connection, the more likely you’ll experience buffering.
Another common cause of buffering problems is congestion on the internet itself. If too many people are trying to access the same thing simultaneously (such as a video), it can slow down everyone else’s experience.
With multiple devices running simultaneously, there may not be enough bandwidth available for all of them to run smoothly at the same time.
Enjoy high-quality video streaming with a dedicated browser
Get the best video experience with Opera GX. It's a light browser with the capacity to broadcast multimedia content effortlessly. Its RAM and CPU limiters along with the adblocker and battery mode all contribute to peak performance when streaming.
With a free VPN feature to open geo-locked content and built-in streaming integrations, Opera GX helps you get the best out of your video content.
It also has pre-configured user profiles, including one with an optimized setup for professional streamers.
Watch buffer-free videos and get an optimized setup for streaming!
How do I fix Sundance Now if it keeps buffering?
1. Check your internet connection
The first thing you want to do is make sure that your internet connection is stable and running at optimal speeds. If it’s not, you won’t be able to stream shows without issues. You can use an internet speed tester to test your internet connection to ensure optimal speeds.
Additionally, you’ll also want to make sure that you have a wired connection if possible. Wi-Fi can be much slower than wired connections in general and cause issues with streaming services like Sundance Now.
2. Change quality settings
When too many people are using the internet, you may want to adjust your quality settings to accommodate everyone and stop the buffering.
If you had set the video to stream in 4K or HD, change the quality setting to a lower resolution, say 480p and reload the page. If it’s still not working properly, try lowering the quality again until it works.
3. Upgrade your router
If you have an older router, it may not be able to handle streaming HD videos. Many older routers simply don’t have enough processing power to handle streaming videos and other online activities.
A good rule of thumb is to replace your router every few years as technology advances and demand for more bandwidth increases. You can check out our recommended selection of routers with stable internet connection if you are in the market for one.
What’s the difference between Sundance and Sundance Now?
Sundance or Sundance TV is a pay TV package where you can access live TV and all the other shows. You would basically be paying for a package for cable TV.
When it comes to Sundance Now, is a subscription-based streaming service that features dramas, documentaries, comedies, and more. The platform offers access to the complete library of shows you love and exclusive content.
The main difference is that for Sundance Now, you get access to exclusive content, which may be cheaper since you are not paying for cable TV. Since Sundance is available as a national network cable channel, some content must be edited to adhere to certain standards.
Can I watch Sundance Now on my smart TV?
Yes, you can. You can download Sundance Now on your smart TV from the Google Play Store or App Store on Apple, depending on your TV’s OS. Download the Sundance Now app on your smart TV, log in to your Sundance Now account, and start watching.
We hope you have been able to fix any issues with Sundance Now buffering and are back to enjoying uninterrupted streaming.
You may also encounter an issue where Hulu keeps buffering but worry not, as we have adequately covered how to fix the problem.
We also have an excellent recommendation of browsers without buffering if you don’t want to download the standalone app.
Let us know of any other workaround you have successfully tried in the comments section below.