Fix: Error saving Wireless profile
Are you getting the error saving wireless profile message?
Some Windows users reported getting this error message most especially when trying to see the wireless properties of their network connection.
The error message indicates that: Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile. Specific error: the system cannot find the file specified.
However, the reason for this error message is diverse and includes:
- Malware or virus infection
- Corrupt/missing system file registries
- Outdated/incompatible network adapter device drivers
Meanwhile, we have come up with working solution to solve the error saving wireless profile problem on your PC.
Here are ways of fixing error saving wireless profile problem
Solution 1: Run a full system scan
Viruses and malware can cause error saving wireless profile problem. These malware infects your system file resulting in the error.
Hence, run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. You can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Note: There are several third-parties antivirus software around that you may use such as BullGuard, MalwareBytes and BitDefender. However, if you are done scanning your PC, it is advisable that you remove all detected viruses; the option may be “clean” or “delete” depending on the Antivirus that you are using.
Solution 2: Repair Windows Registry
The simplest way to repair your Windows registry is to use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for system file corruption.
The utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on all Windows’ versions:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Solution 3: Use CCleaner
CCleaner is a utility program which can fix corrupt system files. You can download CCleaner on your Windows PC and use it to scan, fix and clean bad system files most especially the corrupted files responsible for ‘error saving wireless profile problem. Follow these steps in order to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner free version or Download CCleaner Pro version.
- Install and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner, and then click on “Analyze” option.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click on “Run Cleaner”. Follow the prompts to enable CCleaner delete the temporary files.
Read Also: Fix: Windows Store Won’t Open in Windows 10
You can also use other third-party registry cleaners. For more information on the best registry cleaners to install, check out this list.
Solution 4: Use Reimage Plus
Reimage Plus scans your PC’s drivers so as to update, fix, and repair any corrupted/outdated driver. In addition, this software offers a fast and easy solution to fix error saving wireless profile problem.
If you intend to automatically update your drivers, you can make use of Reimage Plus’ free or pro version. The Pro version saves time and offers you total support. You can also ask for a refund of your full money in 30 days if you are not satisfied with the Pro version. Follow these steps to use Reimage Plus:
- Download Reimage Plus and install it.
- After installation, run Reimage Plus and select the ‘scan now’ option. This allows Driver Easy to scan your system and spot any available problem drivers.
- If you are using the free version, continue by selecting the ‘update’ icon just beside a headset driver to carry out an automatic download and installation of the appropriate driver.
- For those with a Pro version, select the ‘update all’ option to download and install the right version of the outdated or missing drivers automatically.
Furthermore, after the auto-update of your PC drivers, reboot your PC to complete the changes.
Solution 5: Update Network adapter drivers
Some Windows users reported that they were able to fix Windows error saving wireless profile error simply by updating their network adapter drivers. Hence, you can update your network adapter to fix the problem. Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter. (Alternatively you can right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager).
- In the Device Manager window, expand Network adapters section.
- Then, right-click on your Intel Network Adapter and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software
- Once the steps are complete, click Close. After installing the updated driver, click Start>Power>Restart
Note: If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, visit the device’s manufacturer website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.
If your computer cannot connect to the internet, download a driver from a different computer, save it to a USB flash drive, then manually install it on your own computer.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall and then reinstall your network adapter device drivers if updating the driver does not fix the issue.
Solution 6: Remove all listed wireless networks
Another way of fixing error saving wireless profile problem is to remove all listed wireless networks, and then connect to the desired network afresh. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Click on “Network and Sharing Center”
- Open “Manage Wireless Networks”
- Hence, remove all listed wireless networks on the list
- Restart your PC, and then reconnect to the wireless network
Solution 7: Install Windows Update
Ultimately, you can run Windows Update to fix the error problem. Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors on your Windows PC. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you to fix error saving wireless profile problem issue. Comment below if you have any questions.
MS Office 2013 users can utilize templates for preformatted documents. However, some Office users have said that a Something went wrong while downloading your template […]
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]