FIX: Error saving wireless profile on Windows PC
Are you getting the error saving wireless profile message?
Some Windows users reported getting this error message most especially when trying to see the wireless properties of their network connection.
The error message indicates that: Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile. Specific error: the system cannot find the file specified.
However, the reasons for this error message are diverse and includes:
- Malware or virus infection
- Corrupt/missing system file registries
- Outdated/incompatible network adapter device drivers
Meanwhile, we have come up with working solution to solve the error saving wireless profile problem on your PC.
Steps to fix wireless profile save issues
Solution 1: Run a full system scan
Viruses and malware can cause error saving wireless profile problem. This malware infects your system file resulting in the error.
Hence, run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. You can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Note: There are several third-parties antivirus software around that you may use such as BullGuard, MalwareBytes and BitDefender. However, if you are done scanning your PC, it is advisable that you remove all detected viruses; the option may be “clean” or “delete” depending on the Antivirus that you are using.
Solution 2: Repair Windows Registry
The simplest way to repair your Windows registry is to use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for system file corruption.
The utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on all Windows’ versions:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Solution 3: Use CCleaner
CCleaner is a utility program which can fix corrupt system files. You can download CCleaner on your Windows PC and use it to scan, fix and clean bad system files especially corrupted files responsible for this error.
Follow these steps in order to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner free version or Download CCleaner Pro version.
- Install and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner, and then click on “Analyze” option.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click on “Run Cleaner”. Follow the prompts to enable CCleaner to delete the temporary files.
You can also use other third-party registry cleaners. For more information on the best registry cleaners to install, check out this list.
Solution 4: Update Network adapter drivers
Some Windows users reported that they were able to fix Windows error saving wireless profile error simply by updating their network adapter drivers. Hence, you can update your network adapter to fix the problem.
Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter. (Alternatively you can right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager).
- In the Device Manager window, expand Network adapters section.
- Then, right-click on your Intel Network Adapter and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software
- Once the steps are complete, click Close. After installing the updated driver, click Start > Power > Restart
Note: If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, visit the device’s manufacturer website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.
If your computer cannot connect to the internet, download a driver from a different computer, save it to a USB flash drive, then manually install it on your own computer.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall and then reinstall your network adapter device drivers if updating the driver does not fix the issue.
Solution 5: Remove all listed wireless networks
Another way of fixing error saving wireless profile problem is to remove all listed wireless networks, and then connect to the desired network afresh. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Open Manage Wireless Networks
- Hence, remove all listed wireless networks on the list
- Restart your PC, and then reconnect to the wireless network.
Solution 6: Install Windows Update
Ultimately, you can run Windows Update to fix the error problem. Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors on your Windows PC. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you to fix error saving wireless profile problem issue. Comment below if you have any questions.
Your Phone is an app that lets you link your Android phone with your Windows 10 PC. The app allows you to reply to text […]