A wide number of Origin users have encountered an Error syncing cloud storage data, whenever they try to access their savegames.
This has caused a lot of anger and frustration, as some users believed they have lost their entire set of save game data.
Here is what one user had to say about this issue on the EA Answers forums:
It seems saves are not saved either from Origin. Today I received a warning that my local and cloud saves were out of date. I, the user, had to choose which one was valid so I picked the most recent saves. The end result is I lost over 2 hours of gaming. And it seems that the local saves that I could have chosen for are now overwritten. Can anyone acknowledge this? Or is there any hope?
Read on to find out our solutions to this annoying error message.
Here’s what you can do to fix the Origin Error syncing cloud storage data
1. Use the Restore Save option inside Origin
- Open your Origin application.
- Click My Games -> choose the game that you’re having issues with.
- Click View game details -> select Cloud Storage -> click on Restore Save.
- This will allow you to restore any saved games that were mistakenly removed by the error.
2. Clear your Origin cache folders
Note: To be able to try this method out optimally, please make sure that all Origin software has been closed. To make sure that’s the case, open Task Manager and end these two tasks: Origin.exe, and OriginWebHelperService.exe.
- Press the Win+R keys -> type %ProgramData%/Origin -> press Ok.
- Delete all files and folder but DO NOT delete the LocalContent folder.
- Open the Run dialog again by pressing Win+R keys -> type %AppData% -> press Enter.
- Delete the Origin folder found at that location.
- Navigate to the AppData -> open Local folder -> delete the Origin folder found there.
- Restart your PC.
3. Restart your modem and router
Depending on the specific type of modem and router you’re using, the exact steps to follow for this method will vary. Make sure to restart both devices, and then check to see if the issue persists.
4. Update your video card drivers
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select Device Manager from the menu that appears.
- Inside the Device Manager -> search for the Display adapter section and choose your video card from the drop-down list.
- Right-click the device -> click Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Restart your PC and try to see if the issue is resolved.
In today’s fix article we found out what are the best methods to try and fix the Origin error syncing Cloud storage data.
We hope that the methods presented in this list have proven helpful for your specific situation.
Please feel free to let us know if you managed to solve the issue by using the comment section below.