While trying to install HP updates, many Windows 10 users reported Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been canceled error.
We can provide you with a guide on how to fix the error, depending on its cause.
What to do if your computer doesn’t meet the software requirements?
1. Run as Administrator
- Log in Windows with the Administrator User or
- Right-click on the program you wish to run and click Run as Administrator.
2. Update Windows
- Click the Start button > Settings.
- Select Update & Security > click Windows Update.
- Choose Check for updates.
3. Double-check the driver version
- Make sure you install a 32-bit driver when running a 32-bit Windows version and a 64-bit driver when running a 64-bit Windows.
- To ensure that you have the correct version, check your system information and the download page before downloading the driver.
To ensure that you’re downloading the correct drivers, you can use third-party solutions such as TweakBit Driver Updater to automatically update all your drivers with a few clicks.
4. Make sure your hardware has compatible updates
- Make sure that the update is available for your model.
- Check the update release notes and ensure that that your model is compatible with the latest update.
5. Do a disk cleanup
- Press the Start button > type Disk Cleanup in the search bar and hit Enter.
- Select all the unnecessary files that the tool recommends.
- Click OK > click Delete files.
- Try to see if the update now works.
Not familiar with Disk Cleanup? Check out our Disk Cleanup guide to learn how to properly remove temporary and junk files.
We hope that our quick guide could help you fix your issues. If you have any other fixes, leave them in the comment section below.