- If a Telegram file stopped downloading all of a sudden, you might have a hard time pinpointing the cause.
- So, why are files not downloading in Telegram on PC? It can be anything from protocol settings to your ISP blocking Telegram.
- Whenever a Telegram download gets stuck, make sure you have enough space on your drive and take a look at the file size as well.
You’ve grown familiar with using the Telegram desktop app. Unfortunately, familiarity also applies to a file download could not be completed in Telegram errors.
The rich instant messaging experience that comes along with it is refreshing, yet annoying download problems keep popping up in Telegram.
Some users mention Telegram download stuck issues with a recurring message surfacing time and again to say that file download could not be completed in Telegram.
More troubles are on the way, such as:
- Telegram files not downloading in pc
- Telegramdownload stuck at 99
- File download could not be started Telegram
- Videos not downloading in Telegram Desktop
- Telegram Web cannot download file
- Telegram download stops after some time
- Download option not showing in Telegram Desktop
- Telegram desktop not downloading images
- Unable to download files from Telegram using WiFi, mobile data
- Telegram not downloading in background
So, why files are not downloading in Telegram desktop? When you try to download files, Telegram no longer functions and ends the download when it’s almost complete.
Even if it seems to go all the way, it really doesn’t happen so.
Why Telegram download stuck?
📌 Battery-saving mode is preventing apps from running in the background. Idle time can stop telegram from downloading.
📌 Full hard drive or file size too big
📌 Unstable or weak internet connection. Your ISP could also be blocking Telegram.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
The file download completes and you copy the file from Downloads to a different folder, so it doesn’t get deleted if you click the Cancel button.
The progress circle gets stuck and you eventually find out the ugly truth: the full file is not downloaded.
That’s why we’ve wanted to take the opportunity to talk about how to correct this file download could not be completed in Telegram error.
What to do if a file cannot be downloaded in Telegram?
- Why Telegram download stuck?
- What to do if a file cannot be downloaded in Telegram?
- 1. Make sure Connection settings are set to default
- 2. Make sure your disk isn’t full
- 3. Check your connection & contact your Internet Service Provider
- 4. Turn off the Battery saver or customize this mode
- 5. Update or reinstall Telegram for desktop
1. Make sure Connection settings are set to default
- Enter Settings and scroll to the bottom.
- Look for the option saying Connection settings: default (use TCP) and click on it.
- Then, click on OK without making any further changes and check if file downloading works again.
First of all, we want to share with you a quick solution confirmed to work by many Telegram users in your position.
2. Make sure your disk isn’t full
A quick tip: consider checking the file size. Despite any appearances, it might not even be a Telegram glitch, but your disk could be full.
This applies to those tackling the error on Android as well. Just make sure your SD card or internal storage isn’t full. If you want to free up some hard drive space in Windows 10, we got your back.
Is there a download limit on Telegram? Here’s another interesting thing to consider. File size matters.
So, if your video, image, or other types of files exceed 4 GB (or if you try to batch download files whose combined size goes beyond this value), Telegram won’t be able to complete your file download.
3. Check your connection & contact your Internet Service Provider
You might want to test the speed of your connection and makes sure everything is up to code.
We understand your displeasure created by this file download, so you might not like what we’re about to tell you. Other users had the same problem after changing their ISP only to discover the Internet as the heart of the problem.
Some IPs are blocked by the ISP, so contact your Internet Service Provider for further details. You can also try routing your traffic via a VPN and hide your IP address when downloading at the same time.
4. Turn off the Battery saver or customize this mode
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System, then Battery.
- Click on Battery saver and toggle the button Off.
- Alternatively, you exclude Telegram from the battery optimization plan. Simply look in the list of apps and make sure the switch next to it is set to Never or Off.
- Now, restart your device and try downloading anything from Telegram.
5. Update or reinstall Telegram for desktop
If you’re wondering why Telegram is not downloading on your PC, it can be because you missed some updates or you simply don’t have the latest version.
If you installed the Telegram app from the Microsoft Store, simply open the dedicated app and go to Settings. Check for any available updates and download them accordingly.
Alternatively, you can also try to uninstall and reinstall Telegram Desktop from the official address and also change the download location on your PC.
So, that’s how to solve the problem of not being able to finish a file download in Telegram.
In case these methods do not work appropriately to troubleshoot the issue, remember that Telegram users can often download large files even when encountering the issue on small-size files.
It’s hard to establish a pattern of behavior, yet you might give it a go as well.
Know any other workarounds for the issue? Share them with us in the comments section below.