This version of WhatsApp has expired error has appeared on the screens of a wide number of people. Seeing this error message means that you can’t access the messenger from your PC. This can cause a lot of issues, especially if you need to access information stored on your account.
WhatsApp app on your PC works through your phone, and if your phone isn’t connected to the Internet or to the WhatsApp network you’ll encounter this and many other problems with the PC app.
The only thing you can do on your PC is to check your Internet connection, but you might be able to fix the problem by changing a few WhatsApp settings on your phone.
How can I fix This version of WhatsApp has expired error?
1. Update the version of WhatsApp on your phone
- Scroll through your phone’s application list -> select Play Store.
- Inside the Play Store -> search for WhatsApp.
- Select the first result from the top and check to see if you can see a button saying Update.
- If the update button is available, press it and wait for the update process to finish.
- If that is not the case, then you can skip to method 2.
2. Restart your mobile device
- Even though this might seem like an obvious method, some users have reported that they solved their issue by simply restarting their phone.
- If this method doesn’t seem to help, please follow the next methods.
3. Re-install WhatsApp on your phone
- Open the Play Store on your mobile device.
- Search for WhatsApp -> click on it to open the page.
- Click Uninstall and wait for the process to complete.
- After the process is completed, you can simply click on Install to download the app again.
- Check to see if this solved your issue.
4. Change date and time on your phone
- Open WhatsApp and keep it open in the background.
- Change the date and time from the settings on your phone to a date a year or two years in the past.
- WhatsApp will show you a notification, and you will receive some automated messages because of the change.
- Wait for 5 minutes and without closing the app -> set the date and time to the real value (or to update automatically).
- This should make WhatsApp run normally.
You can always use the web-based WhatsApp client as long as you have it connected to your mobile device. This is a more reliable way and we highly suggest it. Just navigate to WhatsApp for Web and start chatting. While we are there, you’ll need a reliable and privacy-oriented browser.
That’s where UR Browser comes into play, with its super-secure set of features and an intuitive UI. You should have an easy time using WhatsApp on the web with UR browser without worrying about trackers and spyware.
Check out UR Browser now and enjoy seamless browsing experience.
In this article, we explored the best way to deal with the This version of WhatsApp has expired error message on Windows 10. Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section below.
- WhatsApp issues on Windows 10 [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
- What to do if WhatsApp Web is not working on PC
- Need WhatsApp for Windows 8, Windows 10? Get it here!