Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- If you’re using the Trezor hardware wallet, you may have run into a problem with it being stuck in bootloader mode.
- According to Trezor’s official support page, this error is mostly caused by the use of outdated firmware.
- In this post, we will walk you through the steps on how to fix Trezor One if stuck in bootloader mode.
Many users have reported the error Trezor One stuck in bootloader mode on their PC while trying to update the firmware using the Trezor Suite. In case you encounter this error, try the solutions in this guide.
Bootloader mode is a feature on the Trezor One device that allows firmware updates to be completed.
This is the age of cryptocurrencies and people are shifting to blockchain-based currencies from hard cash. However, the volatility of the currencies is often questioned.
If you’re serious about crypto and have a nice stack of coins that you’d like to hold, you have to have a crypto wallet.
The easiest form to store your cryptocurrency is online, however, it certainly isn’t the safest. The online exchanges come under the scrutiny of the government and can also be hacked by cyber-criminals. Thus, an offline wallet would be a good idea for keeping your money safe.
What is Trezor?
Trezor is an offline wallet similar to your leather wallet which stores cash. The data in your wallet cannot be hacked or even contacted by anyone online. To access your money, a person would have to physically access your Trezor device which is difficult.
What are the Trezor Suite and Trezor wallet?
Now while the Trezor device is physical hardware, you cannot check all information in detail on the device’s LED screen. So, a dashboard using software is required. This software is the Trezor Suite.
Other than checking the status of your wallet and managing coins, when connected to the internet, the Trezor suite can also be linked to exchanges.
The link between the Trezor Suite and the Trezor wallet is that the online wallet is connected to the server and the suite that works offline as well as online.
If there’s an issue with the suite, it could be due to a problem with the app. And if the online Trezor wallet doesn’t work across multiple browsers, then the problem has to be with the server.
What should I do if Trezor One is stuck in bootloader mode?
1. Use the online Trezor wallet instead of the Trezor Suite
Users have reported that simply using the online Trezor wallet to update the firmware resolved the problem. So, you can try using the online wallet instead of the offline one.
2. Press both buttons on the Trezor device
- Unplug the Trezor device from your computer.
- Now, keeping both the buttons on the Trezor device pressed, plug the device into your computer.
- Enter the bootloader mode as you tried earlier.
Proceed to update your firmware from the online Trezor wallet as usual. It will work this time.
3. Reinstall the Trezor Suite
- Right-click on the Start menu select Settings from the list that appears.
- In the Settings menu, go to the Apps tab on the left pane.
- Next, in the right pane, go to Apps and Features.
- From the list of applications, find the Trezor Suite.
- Click on the 3 dots corresponding to it and select Uninstall. Doing this will uninstall the application.
- Now, reinstall the Trezor Suite from the official website.
While the online wallet workaround is helpful, you might also want to fix the case with the Trezor Suite. The best solution would be to reinstall the software.
We hope that at least one of the above methods worked for you in resolving the Trezor One stuck in bootloader mode error.
If you are looking for the best cryptocurrency converter apps, do check our guide on the same.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them in the comments section below. We are eager to help.