How to disable Fluent Design visual effects in Windows 10
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update bring along Microsoft’s vision for the future of UI design. The company added more Fluent Design elements to its own first party apps such as Calculator, the Start menu, Store, Maps, and Groove Music. If you’re not completely satisfied with the new look, you can get rid of it and we’ll tell you how.
Disabling Fluent Design visual effects in Windows 10
- Open the Settings app.
- Head to Personalization – Colors.
- Turn off the option Transparency effects from the right.
These steps will disable the Fluent Design bits instantly.
Disabling Fluent Design visual effects in Advanced System Properties
You can also use the classic System Properties applet to do the same thing.
- Press the Windows key and R. the Run dialog will appear on the screen. Type the following into the text box and press Enter: SystemPropertiesAdvanced
- Advanced System Properties will open. Press the Settings button in the Performance section on the Advanced tab.
- A dialog will open with various presets available at the top
- Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer – the OS will automatically enable/disable some visual effects that it determines will run smoothly on your hardware
- Adjust for best appearance – enable all available visual effects
- Adjust for best performance – all visual effects will be disabled
- Custom – enable/disable visual effects manually
- To disable Fluent Design in Windows 10, check the Adjust for best performance option. This will remove the check mark from all options which enable the visual effects.
- Press Apply and then OK. Close all opened windows.
Now, the Fluent Design elements are disabled along with other unnecessary visual effects that you didn’t like and that you wanted gone. The UI of the operating system will now become more responsive.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Outlook Mail gets some eye-catching Fluent Design effects
- Project NEON has officially been renamed “The Fluent Design System”
- Microsoft’s Fluent Design System revamps File Explorer
Without thinking about it, the holidays are already around the corner. Christmas comes with its own provisions of funfair and opportunity to share. Technology tools […]
In recent weeks, we have had a number of tech companies allowing unauthorised access to their data. On the 30th November, Dell got hacked and last […]
The modern web browsers like Chrome are all good until you start getting annoying errors. One such error is “Your Connection is not private.” The […]