Here’s how to disable Outlook Focused Inbox
Outlook‘s Focused Inbox helps you focus on the emails that matter most to you. This feature divides your inbox into two tabs—Focused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab. These are selected based on the content of the email and the frequency you interact with the sender.
However, some users don’t like the new inbox hierarchy and want to turn off Outlook Focused.
All of a sudden I have Focused and Other Inbox. I don’t want it. I want my regular Inbox with just one-mail instead of two. How can I get rid of it?
In this article, we’re going to show you how to disable Outlook‘s Focused Inbox feature.
Steps to turn off Focused Inbox
1. Disable Focused Inbox on Outlook 2016
- Go to the View tab > select Show Focused Inbox.
- The Focused and Other tabs will no longer be visible in the top of your mailbox.
- Now go to Settings > Display settings > Focused Inbox.
- Under “When email is received”> select Don’t sort messages > click OK.
2. Disable Focused Inbox on Outlook.com/Hotmail.com
- Select the Settings icon > go to Display settings > Focused Inbox.
- Under “When email is received”,simply select Don’t sort messages > click OK.
3. Turn off Focused Inbox on Outlook 2016 for Mac
Go to the Organize tab > select Focused inbox. This simple action disables the feature.
Turn off Focused Inbox on Mail for Windows 10
- Go to Settings > select Reading.
- Use the Focused Inbox slider to disable the feature.
Turn off Focused Inbox on Outlook Mobile
- Click the Settings button in Outlook Mobile.
- Use the Focused Inbox slider to turn Focused Inbox off.
The Focused Inbox feature is a very useful mail functionality. It can help you to keep your inbox organized and make sure that you don’t miss any important new emails. For more information about Focused Inbox and how you can get the most out of it, you can check out Microsoft’s support page.
What do you think about Outlook‘s Focused Inbox feature? It is helpful for you?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 of the best email privacy software for 2019
- What are the best email clients for sending out newsletters?
- 4 of the best email-archiving software packages
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]