- Outlook is one of the best email clients of the moment. Use it to organize email your way, manage multiple calendars with ease, and even schedule resources like meeting rooms.
- Another great advantage is Focused Inbox which separates your inbox into two tabs - Focused and Other. Email messages that matter most to you are placed on the Focused tab while others remain accessible on the Other tab.
- However, you may disable Outlook Focused Inbox if you don’t feel comfortable with this inbox hierarchy. Procedures slightly vary from one platform to another, as described below.
- Focused Inbox clearly wasn’t your thing but you may figure out a whole bunch of other tricks and techniques. Just visit our complete Outlook Guides section and you won’t be disappointed.
Outlook‘s Focused Inbox helps you focus on the emails that matter most to you. This feature divides your inbox into two tabs – Focused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab.
These are selected based on the content of the email and the frequency you interact with the sender.
However, some users don’t like this inbox hierarchy and want to turn off Outlook Focused.
All of a sudden I have Focused and Other Inbox. I don’t want it. I want my regular Inbox with just one-mail instead of two. How can I get rid of it?
In this article, we’re going to show you how to disable Outlook‘s Focused Inbox feature.
How can I turn off Focused Inbox?
1. Disable Focused Inbox on Outlook
- Go to the View tab and select Show Focused Inbox.
- The Focused and Other tabs will no longer be visible at the top of your mailbox.
- Now go to Settings > Display settings > Focused Inbox.
- Under When email is received > select Don’t sort messages > click OK.
2. Disable Focused Inbox on Outlook.com/Hotmail.com
- Select the Settings icon > go to Display settings > Focused Inbox.
- Under When email is received, simply select Don’t sort messages > click OK.
3. Turn off Focused Inbox on Outlook for Mac
Go to the Organize tab > select Focused inbox. This simple action disables the feature.
4. Turn off Focused Inbox on Mail for Windows 10
- Go to Settings > select Reading.
- Use the Focused Inbox slider to disable the feature.
5. Turn off Focused Inbox on Outlook Mobile
- Click the Settings button in Outlook Mobile.
- Use the Focused Inbox slider to turn Focused Inbox off.
The Focused Inbox feature is a very useful mail functionality. It can help you to keep your inbox organized and make sure that you don’t miss any important new emails.
For more information about Focused Inbox and how you can get the most out of it, you can check out Microsoft’s support page.
What do you think about Outlook‘s Focused Inbox feature? It is helpful for you?
Frequently Asked Questions
Focused Inbox in one of the best Outlook features. It uses machine learning to control emails overflow, so you can focus on the ones that truly matter to you.
To quickly solve this issue, use the tips found in this article dedicated to Outlook emails not send to the Focused Inbox.
To turn it off, login to your account, click Settings, then Mail, and apply the steps from this guide on how to disable Outlook Focused Inbox.