- Twitch is probably one of the most popular live streaming services in the world, hosting tons of content made for and by gamers around the world.
- The Twitch app can run into difficulties with the Xbox One console for a variety of reasons, and the guide below with show you a few fixes that you should try.
- This article is part of much larger. hub dedicated to troubleshooting Xbox One issues, so check it out for more helpful articles.
- Come visit our dedicated Xbox One page for more great articles.
The Xbox Twitch app allows you to stream contents live from your console to your Twitch viewers. Sometimes, after making some changes like changing the display name or deactivating the twitch account, you may encounter some errors. One such error is “Twitch app on Xbox one give error code 995f9a12”. It is a common error that is frequently reported in the Reddit community forums.
Been streaming on xbox one with the twitch app and alls been good. Recently changed my display name, and now on the xbox app i get this message when trying to broadcast:
“something went wrong. We’re so sorry; something unexpected happened. 995F9A12”
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you fix Twitch app on Xbox one give error code 995f9a12.
How do I fix Twitch app error code 995f9a12 on Xbox?
1. Disconnect Xbox from Twitch Profile
- This is the most recommended fix for error code 995f9a12.
- On your laptop or mobile phone open the Twitch website.
- Now go to Profile and open Connections tab.
- Find Xbox and click on Remove/Unlink.
- On your Xbox, launch the Twitch app and click on Sign in.
- You will get a 6 digit sign-in code. Enter the code and login.
- Now you should be able to login to your Xbox Twitch app without any error.
2. Reset Xbox Alternate MAC Address
- Press the Xbox button on your Controller.
- Go to System tab and select Settings.
- Go to Network and select Network Settings.
- Now select Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address.
- Select the Clear button.
- Click on Restart to restart the Xbox console and check for any improvements.
- If you had used alternate MAC address to deal with network issues in the past, it can create issues in the future as well. Resetting the alternative MAC Address can help you resolve this Twitch error.
3. Leave a Comment on Live Stream
- As strange as it may sound, users have reported that trying to leave a comment on Live stream has helped them resolve the error.
- So, access any random live stream from your Xbox Console and try to leave a comment. If you get an error code, try again a few more times.
- Now go back to the Home screen of twitch app and check if you can sign in again and if the Twitch Xbox one error code 995f9a12 is resolved.
4. Reset Stream Key
- Open the Twitch website using your laptop or computer and not the Twitch Xbox app.
- Go to Settings > Channel.
- Click on “Reset your Stream key” option.
- Now click on the Reset button next to the Primary Steam Key.
- Wait for a few minutes for the key to reset.
- Now go back to the Xbox and launch the Twitch app. Try to sign and check if the issue is resolved.
FAQ: Learn more about Twitch
- Does Xbox have any built-in Twitch alternatives?
If you are looking to stream content and even do a little editing, then you can make use of Xbox’s very own Xbox Game Streaming feature. In fact, this little feature behaves incredibly well on tablets.
- How do I fix the Twitch Xbox One error code 995f9a12 while using my PC?
You need to first unlink your Xbox One console from the Twitch app and account, and then head over to the Twitch website and Reset your Stream key.
- Is Twitch exclusive to the Xbox One console?
No. Twitch streaming apps are available for Android and iOS, along with the PlayStation 4, as well as Windows PC. However, PC users should know that if they want to start streaming, they will need a beefy gaming PC.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
If the issue persists, try to uninstall and reinstall the Twitch Xbox app. This should resolve any issues occurring due to app file corruption.