- Some users claimed that Twitch emotes are not showing, and several reasons explain this.
- If Twitch emotes are not showing, switching to a good browser can help you get rid of this issue once and for all.
- To easily solve this problem, you should reinstall or refresh the app.
- Clearing the cookies and caches proved to be extremely efficient in many cases.
A large number of users have complained about Twitch chat emotes not showing suddenly. And this even if it worked the day before. This issue has made people flood the different online forums asking for help.
Here is what one user had to say about this problem:
So, I was gifted emotes about 24 days ago and I have them for a month. They worked fine in chat/discord no problem. I have about a week left and they still work perfectly fine in Discord and even show up as an autocorrect when I go to Twitch chat, but when I hit enter it’s just the text and no picture. Why is this happening? I’m not very informed on how Twitch stuff works.
It seems like this isn’t a single case, as many other people complained of the same issue. If you also encounter this problem, today you’ll find how to easily fix it.
Why are Twitch emotes not showing?
Several reasons explain why Twitch emotes are not showing. We’ve compiled the most common ones, and we strongly recommend checking them.
- Server-side error – In this case you have to consider that, like any other app, Twitch might get into several temporary bugs. Most of the time, they are closely related to server errors.
- Wrong emotes plugins – You have to always ensure that you’ve configured the correct emotes plugins. The process is easy and you’re going to discover it later in this guide.
- Cookies and caches blocking Twitch emotes – Because it is possible that cookies and caches to block your emotes, we’ve prepared some steps to easily clear them.
- Browser related problems – It seems like some browsers are facing serious troubles. That’s why we’re gonna recommend you the best dedicated browser, that will guarantee a clean experience.
Now, let’s discover the most efficient solutions to solve this annoying issue.
What can I do if Twitch emotes are not showing?
1. Close and re-open the app
- Press Ctrl + Alt+ Del keys at the same time, then open Task Manager.
- Search for your Twitch app inside the list, click on it and on related processes, then press on End Task.
- Hit the Windows key, type Twitch, then re-open it.
- If the issue persists, try the next method.
2. Make sure you have the right emotes plugins
In some cases, the reason behind Twitch emotes not showing is that your PC doesn’t have the required plugins installed. To fix this, feel free to download both the FrankerFacez and the BettertTV plugins.
3. Use a dedicated browser
Twitch is mostly, if not entirely, for gamers, so you may want to view it in a gamer-friendly environment.
One browser to fit this bill is Opera GX, the world’s first and best web browser for gamers! It features a sleek-looking UI and several built-in tools that make it a gamer’s dream come true.
These include a memory optimizer, a bandwidth limiter, a gaming mode, and more, all of which are included in the GX Control panel.
What’s more, Opera GX features dedicated Twitch integration, so your Twitch streams are just one click away, and you have better tools to control them.
Take a look at some other impressive attributes of Opera GX:
- Easy to use
- Dedicated to streaming apps
- Free VPN
Enjoy the most expressive emotes on Twitch using a fast and reliable gaming browser from Opera.
4. Refresh your Twitch app
Some users have reported solving this issue by simply refreshing the Twitch app. You can try this method by pressing the Ctrl+F5 buttons on your keyboard.
If this doesn’t work, try the next solution.
5. Use specialized software to delete cookies and caches
- Download CCleaner
- Open the downloaded file, then click on Install
- Wait a few seconds, then click on Run CCleaner.
- From the left window pane, click on the option Custom clean.
- Tick the boxes next to Internet cache and Cookies for each of the browsers found on your computer.
- Click the Run Cleaner button from the right side of your screen.
- Check to see if Twitch emotes are showing normally.
6. Reinstall Twitch
- Use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows + X.
- Choose Apps and Features.
- Search for Twitch inside the list, click on it, then press on Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Then, visit the official Twitch website and download the latest version.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
What is the cost for Twitch emotes?
Many users are wondering how much does it cost to use Twitch emotes. If you’re in the same boat, keep in mind that you can sometimes get emotes for free if you find someone to volunteer their time and skill (or create them yourself, of course).
However, you’ll sometimes have to pay for the best Twitch emotes. The prices can go from 10$ and up to 90$.
In this guide, we explored the best troubleshooting methods to deal with the Twitch emotes not showing up in chat issues. Find out more guides on how to fix Twitch error codes like the popular Twitch error 2000.
Which of these solutions has worked for you? Feel free to let us know and maybe share more tips to handle this issue via the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can either become a Twitch partner and get 1 emote for every 2 subscribers or get the FFZ browser addon. If you’re unable to load Twitch on Chrome or Firefox, check out this quick guide.
To enable all the emotes, open the Twitch app, navigate to Settings and select Appearance. Then, turn on the Enable BTTW emotes option.
Make sure you have the right plug-ins installed and don’t be shy to switch between browser and app. Here’s a full guide to help you display your Twitch emotes again.