- As a gaming dedicated streaming service, Twitch allows not only to watch videogame footage but also to interact.
- Obviously, emojis are a big part of the chatting experience, so Twitch emotes not showing can cause a lot of frustration.
- To deal with Twitch chat emotes not showing, you can reinstall or refresh the app, or even better, ditch it completely.
- Switching to a good browser can help you sort the Twitch emotes not showing up in chat issue for good.
A large number of users have complained about Twitch chat emotes not showing suddenly. And this even if it worked the day before. This issue has made people flood the different online forums asking for help.
Here is what one user had to say about this problem on the Reddit forums:
So, I was gifted emotes about 24 days ago and I have them for a month. They worked fine in chat/discord no problem. I have about a week left and they still work perfectly fine in Discord and even show up as an autocorrect when I go to Twitch chat, but when I hit enter it’s just the text and no picture. Why is this happening? I’m not very informed on how Twitch stuff works.
Even though the problem is most likely caused by a server-side error from Twitch, we have researched this issue and compiled some of the best troubleshooting methods available.
Please keep in mind that this is not an official fix. The methods we will describe, worked in the case of some users, and they are worth a try.
How to see emotes on Twitch chat?
1. Try viewing Twitch in a browser
Twitch is mostly, if not entirely, for gamers, so it goes without saying that you may want to view it in a gamer-friendly environment.
One browser to fit this bill is Opera GX, the world’s first and best web browser for gamers! It features a sleek-looking UI and several built-in tools that make it a gamer’s dream come true.
These include a memory optimizer, a bandwidth limiter, a gaming mode, and more, all of which are included in the GX Control panel.
What’s more, Opera GX features dedicated Twitch integration, so your Twitch streams are just one click away, and you have better tools to control it.
Opera GXWatch your favorite gaming streams and have fun with emojis without any issues whatsoever.
2. Use specialized software to delete cookies and caches
- Download CCleaner and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Run the CCleaner software.
- Click on the option Custom clean from the left-side menu.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and cache for each of the browsers found on your computer.
- Click the Run Cleaner button from the right side of your screen.
- Check to see if Twitch emotes are showing normally.
3. Close and re-open the app
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time to open the Task Manager.
- Search for your Twitch app inside the list and any other related processes -> select them -> press End Task.
- Double-click the Twitch app again to reopen it.
- If the issue persists, try the next method.
4. Reinstall Twitch
- Press the theWin+X keys on your keyboard -> choose Apps and features.
- Search for Twitch inside the list -> select it -> press Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Then, visit the official Twitch website and download the latest version.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
5. Refresh your Twitch app
Some users have reported solving this issue by simply refreshing the Twitch app. You can try this method by pressing the Ctrl+F5 buttons on your keyboard.
If this doesn’t work, try the next solution.
6. Make sure you have the right emotes plugins
In some cases, the reason behind Twitch emotes not showing is because your PC doesn’t have the required plugins installed. To fix this, feel free to download both the FrankerFacez and the BettertTV plugins.
In this guide, we explored the best troubleshooting methods to deal with the Twitch emotes not showing up in chat issues.
Which of these solutions has worked for you? Feel free to let us know and maybe share more tips to handle this issue via the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can either become a Twitch partner and get 1 emote for every 2 subscribers or get the FFZ browser addon. If you’re unable to load Twitch on Chrome or Firefox, check out this quick guide.
To enable all the emotes, open the Twitch app, navigate to Settings and select Appearance. Then, turn on the Enable BTTW emotes option.
Make sure you have the right plug-ins installed and don’t be shy to switch between browser and app. Here’s a full guide to help you display your Twitch emotes again.