A large number of users have complained that suddenly Twitch started not showing emotes, even if it worked the day before. This issue has made people flood the different online forums asking for help.
Here is what one user had to say about this problem on the Reddit forums:
So, I was gifted emotes about 24 days ago and I have them for a month. They worked fine in chat/discord no problem. I have about a week left and they still work perfectly fine in Discord and even show up as an autocorrect when I go to Twitch chat, but when I hit enter it’s just the text and no picture. Why is this happening? I’m not very informed on how Twitch stuff works.
Even though the problem is most likely caused by a server-side error from Twitch servers, we have researched this issue and compiled some of the best troubleshooting methods available.
Please keep in mind that this is not an official fix. The methods we will describe, worked in the case of some users, and they are worth a try.
Here they are.
Try these methods to fix the Twitch emotes not showing on Windows 10
1. Try viewing Twitch in web browser
As a quick workaround, try starting Twitch in web browser and check if that helps.
Almost any browser can be used for this task, but if you’re looking for a reliable web browser, we suggest trying out UR Browser.
This browser is privacy-oriented, and it won’t send any of your data to Google, so feel free to check it out.
2. Close and re-open the app
In order to try this method, you will need to follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time to open the Task Manager.
- Search for your Twitch app inside the list and any other related processes -> select them -> press End Task.
- Double-click the Twitch app again to reopen it.
- If the issue persists, try the next method.
3. Reinstall Twitch
- Press theWin+X keys on your keyboard -> choose Apps and features.
- Search for Twitch inside the list -> select it -> press Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Visit the official Twitch website and download the latest version.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
4. Refresh your Twitch app
If this doesn’t work, try the next solution.
5. Delete cookies and caches with CCleaner
- Download CCleaner and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Run the CCleaner software.
- Click on the option Custom clean from the left-side menu.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and cache for each of the browsers found on your computer.
- Click the Run Cleaner button from the right side of your screen.
- Check to see if Twitch emotes are showing normally.
6. Make sure you have the right emotes plugins
In some cases, the reason for Twitch not showing you the emotes si because your PC doesn’t have the required plugins installed. To fix this, please download both the FrankerFacez and the BettertTV plugins.
In today’s fix article we explored the best troubleshooting methods to deal with the Twitch emotes not showing issue.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section below.
- Twitch failed to retrieve stream key error: Here’s a fix
- Achievements aren’t unlocking on Twitch? Here’s a quick fix
- Unable to see bits on Twitch? Here’s how you can fix this issue