Twitch brought millions of viewers and thousands of streamers together making the latter pop stars of modern society. However, although the platform usually works without major issues, some Twitch users were unable to reset the password after a lot of tries.
The procedure is as simple as it usually is with all account-based services, but, seemingly, it just won’t work for some. Firstly, make sure you navigate to the Password Reset Request page, here, and try from there. If that doesn’t help, follow the steps below.
How do I reset my password on Twitch?
1. Clear browser cache and cookies
Chrome and Mozilla
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Delete to open the “Clear browsing data” menu.
- Choose “All time” as the time range.
- Focus on deleting ‘Cookies’, ‘Cached Images and Files‘, and other site data.
- Click on the Clear Data button.
- Open Edge.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Check all the boxes and click Clear.
2. Try another browser
- If you are, for some reason, unable to get the access to the password reset section on one browser, we suggest switching to an alternative. There might be a temporary bug in the current version of Chrome and Mozilla, so we highly suggest switching to UR Browser. This is a privacy-oriented browser that brings all the features of Chrome, while not sacrificing online safety.
- On the other hand, you can factory reset Chrome or Mozilla and try resetting the Twitch password that way. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the 3-line menu and select Help > Troubleshooting information.
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button.
- Confirm selection to reset Firefox to its default values.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the 3-dots menu and open Settings.
- In the Search bar, type Reset and scroll down until you reach the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Click on the said option and then click Reset settings.
3. Send the ticket to Twitch support
- Finally, if none of the previous steps fixed the issue, we are most likely looking at the server-related issue or temporary bug with Twitch. The only way to proceed, if you are in a hurry, is to send a report ticket to Twitch and ask for the email link that will allow you to reset your Twitch password.
- You can send the report ticket to Twitch support, here. Just fill in the form and wait for the answer.
That should be enough to allow you to reset your Twitch password. If you are still unable to reset your account password on Twitch, we suggest waiting for some time and trying again on the dedicated link, here.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Why am I getting ads on Twitch with AdBlock? [EXPERT FIX]
- Twitch error while loading followed channels [EXPERT FIX]
- Error fetching your channel information on Twitch [EXPERT FIX]