While setting your new gateway or working with your existing gateway you may encounter Gateway authentication failure. please contact your service provider error.
This error can occur due to multiple reasons including not connecting the right cable in the ONT port as well as the user account not being properly provisioned for the new gateway.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve Gateway authentication failure, please contact your service provider error.
How do I fix Gateway authentication failure U-verse AT&T error?
1. Check the cable and ONT port
- The gateway authentication error can occur if you don’t have the right cable in the ONT port.
- Make sure you have the Ethernet cable connected to the right ONT port.
- If you are not sure about the ONT port, refer the user guide provided with the router/modem.
- Even if the cable is connected to the correct ONT port, make sure it is firmly connected.
- Sometimes, a loose connection also creates issues.
- Once connected, try to set up the gateway and check for any improvements.
2. Perform a power cycle
- Turn off the modem by turning off the power supply.
- Next, unplug the Ethernet cable from both ends.
- Wait for few minutes and leave the modem idle in the meantime.
- Reconnect the cables to the modem and turn it on.
- Try accessing the gateway again and check for improvements.
3. Reset the modem
- Press and hold the reset button located on the rear side of the modem for 35 seconds.
- When the lights start blinking, release the button.
- Make sure the Modem is turned on.
- Note that resetting the modem will also reset any settings saved in the device.
- Try accessing the gateway again and check for any improvements.
4. Check for an outage
- Go to MyATT page.
- Log in using your member ID and password.
- Click on the Fix it now! Support tools link under Help with my service section.
- A test will automatically run and scan for any issues with the gateway.
- Follow on-screen instructions to apply the recommended fixes.
If the issue persists, try contacting the service provider. The tech support can help you resolve the issue or offer you a replacement gateway if the issue cannot be resolved.
The Gateway authentication failure. please contact your service provider error can be usually resolved by resetting the modem. However, if the issue persists after trying all the troubleshooting tips, contacting the service provider is recommended.