This is how you can thoroughly uninstall Andy OS in Windows 10
5 steps to uninstall Andy OS
- Uninstall Andy OS via the Programs and Features Control Panel Applet
- Clean Up the Leftovers
- Uninstall Andy OS With Third-Party Uninstaller Software
- Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Uninstall Andy OS With the System Restore Utility
Andy OS is an emulator with which you can run Android apps on Windows 10. However, the software has become associated with cryptocurrency-mining malware in 2018. It also hogs about 415 megabytes of hard drive storage.
So Andy users should consider uninstalling the emulator for the time being at least. This is how you can thoroughly uninstall Andy OS from Windows 10.
Methods to uninstall Andy OS
1. Uninstall Andy OS via the Programs and Features Control Panel Applet
The Programs and Features Control applet is the built-in Windows uninstaller. However, that doesn’t always thoroughly remove software. Nevertheless, you can still uninstall Andy OS via Programs and Features as follows.
- Right-click the Start menu button and select Run.
- Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and click OK to open the window shown directly below.
- Then select Andy OS listed on the programs list. If you can’t see it, enter the keyword ‘Andy’ in the search box.
- Press the Uninstall/Change button. An Andy OS uninstaller window will open.
- Select the Remove ALL User Progress and Data and Uninstall VMware Player Also options.
- Press the Next button to uninstall Andy OS.
- Restart Windows after you uninstall Andy.
2. Clean Up the Leftovers
Uninstalling the Andy emulator as outlined above might still leave behind some leftover files and registry entries. So if you do uninstall the emulator via Programs and Features, you’ll need to manually clean up the leftover files and folders within File Explorer. These are some of the leftover folder paths that you should look for and delete in File Explorer:
- C:Program FilesAndyOfflineInstaller42
- C:Program FilesAndyOfflineInstaller
- C:Program FilesAndy
- C:<user>AppDataRoaming (enter ‘%appdata%’ in File Explorer’s path bar)
Also note that the Oracle VM VirtualBox is a component that gets installed with Andy OS. You can uninstall Oracle VM much the same as Andy via the Programs and Features applet.
You’ll also need to clean up leftover registry entries after uninstalling Andy OS with the Windows uninstaller. The best way to do that is to add a third-party registry cleaner to Windows. Then you can scan the registry with the software to erase leftover Andy OS registry entries.
CCleaner is one freeware utility that you can thoroughly clean the registry with. Or you can utilize some of the other registry cleaner software included in this post. Follow the guidelines below to clean the registry with CCleaner.
- Open this webpage, and click the green Download button there.
- Then open the CCleaner installer to add the software to Windows 10.
- Click Registry on CCleaner’s window.
- Selecting all the registry check boxes will ensure the most thorough scan. However, Obsolete Software, Applications and Application Paths are the most essential check boxes to select.
- Press the Scan for Issues button to initiate a scan.
- CCleaner will then show you what the scan detected. Click the Fix selected issues button.
- Then you can click Yes to back up the registry if you prefer.
- Press the Fix All Selected Issues button to delete the registry values.
3. Uninstall Andy OS With Third-Party Uninstaller Software
Instead of manually cleaning up the Andy OS leftovers as outlined above, you can uninstall the Android emulator with third-party uninstaller software that will do it all for you! Third-party uninstallers will remove Andy OS and erase the leftovers. Revo and IObit Uninstaller are two highly rated third-party uninstaller software for Windows. This is how you can thoroughly remove the Andy emulator with the freeware Revo Uninstaller.
- Click Free Download on this page to save the Revo Uninstaller setup wizard to a folder.
- Open Revo Uninstaller’s setup wizard to add the software to Windows.
- Launch Revo Uninstaller to open the software’s window.
- Select Andy OS listed on the All Programs list.
- Press the Uninstall button to open the Uninstallation Wizard.
- Select the Advanced option for the most thorough scan.
- Then the Andy OS uninstaller window will open. Press the Next button on that window to uninstall the software.
- Thereafter, click Scan on the Revo’s Uninstallation Wizard to scan.
- A window will open that shows you leftover registry items. Press the Select All button and click Delete to erase.
- Press the Next button to continue to the leftover files and folders. Click the Select All and Delete buttons to erase the listed files.
- Press the Finish button.
4. Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
If you can’t uninstall Andy via Programs and Features, make sure you’re logged in to an admin account and that there aren’t Andy OS processes listed in Task Manager when you try to uninstall the software. In addition, check out the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter that fixes uninstall errors. That troubleshooter repairs corrupted registry keys which block software from uninstalling. Press the Download button on this webpage to save that troubleshooter to a folder from which you can open the window below.
When you’ve opened the above window, click the Next button. Select the Uninstalling option. Then select Andy OS on the program list. The troubleshooter might then provide some resolutions that might fix Andy OS so you can uninstall it.
5. Uninstall Andy OS With the System Restore Utility
Alternatively, the System Restore utility might delete Andy OS when the Windows uninstaller doesn’t remove the software. System Restore will certainly uninstall the Andy emulator so long as you can select a restore point that predates the software’s installation. You’ll lose all third-party software installed after a selected restore point. This is how you can uninstall Andy with the System Restore utility.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the Win + X menu. Then click Run to open that accessory.
- Enter ‘Rstrui’ in Run’s Open window.
- Click the Choose a different restore point option, and press the Next button.
- Select the Show more restore points option to expand the full list of restore points.
- Select a restore point that predates the date you installed Andy.
- To check the restore point removes Andy, press the Scan for affected programs button. That option shows you what software the restore point deletes on the window below.
- Press the Next button, and then select the Finish option to confirm the restore point.
So that’s how you can uninstall Andy OS along with all its leftover remnants. After uninstalling Andy, you will, of course, need a replacement Android emulator. Check out this software guide that includes 10 of the best freeware Android emulators for Windows.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to uninstall Windows 10 Update Assistant
- Full Fix: “You Do Not Have Sufficient Access to Uninstall a Program”
- How to: Use Display Driver Uninstaller on Windows 10
Microsoft has just showed users a little more of what the 19H1 update has in store for Windows 10. Revamped storage is one of the […]
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the best video editing tools on the market, but some users reported Adobe Premiere Pro couldn’t find any valid […]