How to update your Windows 10 virus protection
If there is one thing you should worry about? It is your Windows PC security state. Today, we will show you how to update virus protection on your Windows 10 PC.
Several malwares, viruses and its likes on the Internet can possibly penetrate into your PC while surfing the WWW. It is extremely important that your antivirus software is up-to-date so as to keep your PC safe.
Windows 10 PC comes with Windows Defender, built-in antivirus software; you could probably use a third-party antivirus software as well to avoid falling prey to malware and other threats. Also, we recommend trying out this tool that will remove viruses and repair the damage done by them.
But it is very important that your antivirus program is updated so as to shield your PC from latest viruses. Before you proceed, you need to check your virus protection state.
How to check virus protection state on Windows 10
You can check virus protection state by accessing Security and Maintenance feature on your system. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > Click on Control Panel > System and Security > System
- In the System window, Locate “Security and Maintenance” option at the lower-left corner, and then click on it
- Select “Security” heading to display recent messages and then click on it.
- Follow the prompts to resolve any detected issues.
Alternatively, you can access Security and Maintenance by typing “security and maintenance” in the search box on Windows, and then click on it.
Three ways to update virus protection on Windows 10 PC
Method 1: Run Windows Update
The simplest way of updating virus protection on your Windows PC is by running Windows Update. Latest Windows updates by Microsoft contain up-to-date components which is applicable for Windows Defender (built-in Windows Antivirus).
In addition, Windows updates can also protect your system’s stability and performance. Here’s how to run Windows Update:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In Windows Update window, check for updates and install available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Method 2: Update through antivirus program
You can also update your antivirus program in the application’s window. You can do this by launching the antivirus program, locate and “Live Update”, “Check for Updates”, or “Update” option and click on it. However, here’s how to update Windows Defender antivirus program:
- Go to Start > Type Windows Defender > Hit “Enter”.
- In the Windows Defender window, locate the “check for updates now” option and click on it.
- Wait for the update process to be complete and then restart your PC.
Meanwhile, we highly recommend that you regularly update your antivirus programs so as to keep your computer secure. If you do not have any antivirus program on your PC; it is ideal that you get one
Method 3: Update through antivirus website
If your antivirus program does not have the “update” option, you can update virus protection by downloading new virus definitions from the developer’s website.
However, it is recommended that you know basic information such as whether your Windows PC is 32-bit or 64-bit, the antivirus version on your PC, and other system information; this will enable you to download the correct utility update on your PC before you update.
Meanwhile, we have compiled these links to web pages of some antivirus programs.
- Kaspersky antivirus update/upgrades
- Panda Software updates/upgrades
- AVG antivirus updates
- Webroot security software upgrades
- McAfee antivirus updates
- F-Secure antivirus updates
- SOPHOS antivirus updates
- Trend Micro security software updates
- Smadav Antivirus updates
- Symantec (Norton) antivirus updates
In conclusion, frequent antivirus updates will protect your Windows PC from latest malwares and viruses.
Do share with us any of your experience after you update virus protection on your Windows PC. Feel free to comment below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 best free antivirus solutions for Windows 7 64-bit
- Best antivirus software to use for online banking
- 6 best antivirus software for education
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]
The Error loading player: No playable sources found message signals a problem that happened while an online video was loading on your browser. Shortly, when this […]
Steam is a platform on which lots of competitive games can be played, but sometimes you might encounter Your connection to matchmaking servers is not […]