How to: Upgrade to the latest version of Edge on Windows 10
In order to keep your PC safe, it’s crucial that you keep your software up to date. Updating third-party software is easy, but what about built-in software such as Microsoft Edge? This isn’t as hard as you think, and today we’re going to show you how to upgrade to the latest version of Edge on Windows 10.
How to upgrade to the latest version of Edge?
Windows 10 brought a new browser called Microsoft Edge. This is a default browser in Windows 10 designed to replace Internet Explorer. Of course, Internet Explorer is still available for users that want to use it. Unlike its predecessor, Microsoft Edge is designed to be a modern web browser and it fully supports modern web standards. Microsoft Edge is a core component of Windows 10, and there’s no way to download it separately and use it on any other version of Windows. This also means that Microsoft Edge updates a bit differently than other web browsers. With many non-Microsoft browsers you have an update button available that you can press and check for available updates. In addition, you can also download the new version of the browser right from the manufacturer and install it on your system in order to upgrade your browser. As we already said, Microsoft Edge isn’t available for download, but there’s still a way to update it.
How to – Update to the latest version of Edge?
Solution – Use Windows Update
Microsoft Edge is a core component of Windows 10, and the only way to update it is to use Windows Update. Before you update Edge, it’s always good to check its current version. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter edge. Select Microsoft Edge from the list of results.
- When Edge opens, click the Menu button in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Scroll all the way down to About this app section. Check the version of Microsoft Edge. To find out if you have the latest version of Edge you need to perform a quick Google search and check if your version number matches the latest version. If not, it means that you’re using outdated version of Microsoft Edge.
Updating Microsoft Edge is simple enough, and in order to do it you just need to run Windows Update. Windows updates are usually installed automatically, but you can also check for updates manually. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app. You can do that by press Windows Key + I.
- When Settings app opens, go to Update & security section.
- Now click the Check for updates button and wait while the available updates are downloaded.
- After the updates are properly installed, check if your Microsoft Edge is updated to the latest version.
Keep in mind that some major updates might not be available for you yet, so you’ll have to wait until those updates are available for your region.
Updating Microsoft Edge to the latest version in Windows 10 is simple, and in most cases you just have to wait for Windows Update to download the necessary updates. If you want, you can also check for updates manually.
- Microsoft is forcing Edge on users by disabling other browsers
- Microsoft Edge and IE11 won’t support websites with SHA-1 certification
- Microsoft forcing Edge on users again, claims it’s safer than Firefox or Chrome
- You can now read EPUB books with Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft starts updating Edge via the Windows 10 store
Problems with the user interface are common not just in Windows 10, but in all previous Windows operating systems. This time, we’re going to talk […]
This post brings you a compilation of the best debugging software for Windows. So, if you own a Windows PC, and you are in need […]
Real shocking news circulating these days is that some most frequently used and authentic Password Managers such as 1Password, KeePass, LastPass, RoboForm and Dashlane for […]