- Getting Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines failed to find Steam error message? Fixing it is simpler than you think.
- To fix this issue, in most cases you just need use your administrative privileges.
- In some instances, changing the advanced system settings might be required to fix this issue.
- If Vampire: The Masquerade is not working on Steam, perhaps using an administrator account might help.
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is an amazing RPG from the last decade, but many users reported that Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines Failed to find Steam error message when trying to run the game.
This error message can affect other games as well, and it’s actually a common Steam error.
We covered Failed to find Steam error in great detail before, but in this guide we’ll show you how to fix this problem specifically in Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.
How do I fix Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines on Steam?
1. Run Steam application in admin mode
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
- Right-click on the Steam.exe file.
- Choose Properties and click on the Compatibility tab.
- Select the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and OK.
Note: To activate the administrator mode, you must restart the Steam application.
This is one of the simplest solutions if Vampire: The Masquerade is not working on Steam, so be sure to try it.
2. Run Vampire The Masquerade with admin rights
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines\
- Right-click on the vampire.exe file.
- Choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply.
- Click OK.
This solution allows you to restart the game to prevent the Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines failed to finderror from occurring again. It is a simple and fast fix as you must only visit the game’s installation folder.
3. Modify the Environment Variables settings
- Open the Start menu and type advanced system settings.
- Select Advanced System Settings.
- Click on the Environment Variables option.
- Click on Path and select Edit.
- Navigate through the entire text from the Variable value row.
- Press the End tab and add the semicolon ; symbol.
- Press OK.
- Restart the game.
If this option is missing from the list, then use the button New, and a variable text box will open for you.
Write the path in that box and enter your
C:\Program Files (x86)\
This is an advanced solution, but it might help you if Vampire: The Masquerade is not working on Steam.
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines can rightfully be counted among the most popular games from the 2000s. Even though Bloodlines 2 has been announced, many are upset because Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 won’t get 3rd view.
We hope that you found this guide helpful and that you managed to fix Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines Failed to find Steam error.