- Many gamers complained that Vanquish is affected by a number of issues that sometimes limit their gaming experience.
- You should check your antivirus solution, as it may interfere with the game and prevent you from running it.
- Make sure you install the necessary components in the installation directory.
- Also, check the integrity of your game files by following our step-by-step guide below.
Vanquish is a revolutionary sci-fi action shooter where legions of future-tech enemies battle against one another for supremacy. As it often happens with many newly launched games, Vanquish is affected by a series of issues that sometimes limit the gaming experience.
In this article, we’re going to list the most common Vanquish bugs reported by gamers, as well as their corresponding workarounds, whenever available.
Vanquish reported bugs, and how to fix them
Vanquish is a great game, but it has a couple of big issues. Speaking of issues, here are some common problems that users reported:
- Vanquish black screen – Many users reported black screen in Vanquish. This can occur due to G-Sync feature, so if you want to fix the problem, be sure to disable this feature.
- Vanquish PC not launching – In some cases, the game might not launch if its installation is corrupted. To fix that, simply verify the integrity of game files and check if that solves the problem.
- Vanquish low fps – Sometimes you might encounter FPS issues while playing Vanquish. If that happens, be sure to check your drivers and update them to the latest version.
Solution 1 – Check your antivirus
If you can’t run Vanquish due to Failed to create save data error, the problem might be your antivirus software. Sometimes your antivirus can interfere with your game and prevent you from running it, but you can fix that by adding the Steam folder to the exclusions list.
In case that doesn’t work, you can disable certain antivirus features and check if that helps. Alternatively, you can try disabling your antivirus altogether. If these solutions don’t work, you might have to uninstall your antivirus.
If removing the antivirus solves the issue, you should consider switching to different antivirus software that won’t cause this issue to happen in the first place.
The market offers plenty of good security software that is frequently updated in order to offer maximum protection and also avoid causing any errors and detect false positives.
If you are not sure which tool would work best for your needs, you will be pleased to know that some of the best antiviruses on the market offer free trial versions. Test out a few and make an informed decision.
Solution 2 – Check your audio settings
Gamers report that the game’s audio settings won’t work. The volume is stuck to zero, leaving them unable to play the game with sound.
I recently bought vanquish and I am unable to raise the volume sliders in the systems menu. They are stuck in zero and are unable to move at all.
Other players complain that the characters’ voices can be a little too low, while the gunfire and the cutscenes are too loud. If you’re also experiencing poor audio balance, check your audio settings. If it’s on 5.1, set it to stereo.
So, im getting an issue where ill either get just the music/soundeffects and no dialoge. Or ill get all three, but the dialoge is so low that the the other sounds overide it. Have messed with sliders etc to no avail.
Solution 3 – Disable your controller driver
There are many mouse, KB and controller bugs affecting Vanquish. For example, gaming keypads are identified as controllers. This causes the camera not to work unless players hold the right button down.
Mice are also detected as controllers. It appears that the controller driver is constantly interfering with the mouse and keypad input. To fix this problem, go to the control panel and disable the controller driver.
Solution 4 – Verify the integrity of game files
According to users, sometimes you might encounter Vanquish issues due to corrupted installation. Your installation and its files can get corrupted for various reasons, and if that happens, your only solution is to verify the integrity of game files.
This is quite simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Start Steam and go to your Library.
- Locate Vanquish, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Now go to Local Files and click Verify integrity of game files.
- The verification process will now start. Keep in mind that the process can take about 15 minutes, sometimes more.
Once the process is finished, your game will be repaired and the issue should be completely resolved.
Solution 5 – Run the game as administrator
Sometimes issues with Vanquish can occur if you don’t have the necessary privileges to run the game. To fix the problem, you can try running the game as administrator. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Go to Vanquish installation directory, and locate its .exe file.
- Right-click the .exe file and choose Run as administrator from the menu.
After starting the game as administrator, check if the problem is still there. If not, you’ll have to repeat this workaround every time you want to play Vanquish. Alternatively, you can set the game to always run with administrative privileges. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Navigate to Vanquish installation directory. Right-click the game’s .exe file and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as an administrator. Now click Apply and OK.
After doing that, the game will always start with administrative privileges, so you shouldn’t have any more issues.
Solution 6 – Run the game in Compatibility mode
According to users, sometimes problems with Vanquish can occur due to certain compatibility issues. However, you can fix that simply by running the game in Compatibility mode. This mode is designed to run older games, but it can sometimes help with newer software as well. To run the game in Compatibility mode, do the following:
- Go to Vanquish installation directory, locate the game’s .exe file, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for. Select any older version of Windows from the drop-down menu.
- Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
After doing that, try to start the game and check if the issue is resolved. Keep in mind that you might have to try several different compatibility modes before you find the one that works for you.
Solution 7 – Disable overlay programs
In some cases, overlay programs can interfere with your game and prevent you from running it. If Vanquish won’t start, disable Steam Overlay and any other overlay software that you might have installed. Now try to start the game again.
If that doesn’t work, it might be necessary that you remove the overlay software from your PC. There are several ways to do that, but the best method is to use uninstaller software.
In case you’re not familiar, uninstaller software is a special application that will remove the selected application along with all of its files and registry entries from your PC.
By doing so, you’ll ensure that the application is completely removed and prevent any potential interference with your system.
Dedicated uninstallers are very simple and easy to use. They display a list of all the apps and programs on your PC, you select what you want to remove, and wait for the process to complete.
These utilities are also able to remove stubborn and malicious apps that you won’t be able to uninstall otherwise.
Solution 8 – Disconnect all peripherals
According to users, sometimes USB peripherals can cause issues with the game to occur. It’s not certain which USB device can cause the problem, so to be on the safe side, it’s advised to disconnect all USB devices before starting the game.
To check which device is the problem, it’s advised to keep only your USB and mouse connected before you start the game. If the game works without other USB devices, you can try connecting USB devices one by one and restarting the game until you find the cause of the problem.
Solution 9 – Install the necessary components
If you have problems launching Vanquish on your PC, perhaps you don’t have the necessary components installed. To fix the problem, you just need to go to the DirectX and vc_redist directories in the Vanquish’s installation directory and install the necessary components.
After doing that, the game should start working without any issues. If you can’t find the setup files, you can always download them from Microsoft’s website.
Solution 10 – Turn off G-Sync
Many users reported black screen while trying to exit Vanquish. This can be an annoying issue, and it’s usually caused by a G-Sync feature. To fix the problem, simply turn off G-Sync feature from Nvidia Control Panel and the issue should be permanently resolved.
Solution 11 – Keep the game up to date
According to users, the best way to fix Vanquish issues on your PC is to keep the game up to date. The developers are working hard on the game, and they are addressing many community issues.
If you’ve encountered a bug or an issue, be sure to update the game to the latest version and check if that solves the problem.
These are the most common Vanquish issues reported by gamers. If you encountered other bugs, tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.