Many gamers use NVIDIA graphic cards, and one key part of NVIDIA cards is NVIDIA control panel. Speaking of which, users are reporting that NVIDIA control panel has stopped working in Windows 10, so let’s see what is causing this issue and how to resolve it.
What to do if NVIDIA Control Panel Stopps Working in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Uninstall and reinstall your display drivers
This issue can be caused by driver incompatibility, so let’s try to completely remove your display drivers and download the latest version.
- Download Display Driver Uninstaller. You can download it from here.
- Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode. To do so Open Start menu and click Restart while holding Shift button on your keyboard.
- Your PC will restart and now you need to choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings.
- Your computer will restart again and now you’ll have the option to choose to enter Safe Mode.
- Run Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode to remove your display driver.
- After the display driver has been removed your computer will restart and now you can go to NVIDIA’s website and download the latest Windows 10 drivers.
- Some users recommend using Wise Care 365 software to clean your registry, so you might want to download it. This step is optional, so you can skip it if you like.
We have to mention that sometimes it’s better to use older driver, and some users have reported that older versions of drivers, such as 353.49 for example, work better than latest drivers, so you might want to give them a try.
Solution 2 – Turn off GPU Virtualization
If you have a motherboard with onboard GPU, you might have VirtuMVP software installed that can cause some issues with NVIDIA control panel. According to users GPU Virtualization is an option in VirtuMVP that can cause some issues, so let’s see if we can disable it.
- Open VirtuMVP control panel. It should be located in system tray, right next to your clock.
- In the main tab there should be GPU Virtualization option. Just turn it off, and this should fix your NVIDIA control panel issues.
That would be all, I hope these steps helped you in solving the problem with nVidia Control Panel in Windows 10. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, just write them down in the comments, below.