- The dreaded video file cannot be played error can happen due to corrupted data, conflicting extensions, proxy, or VPNs.
- Clearing a browser’s data can resolve numerous issues, such as the error covered in this guide.
- Users will more likely encounter the video file cannot be played in non-Chromium .
- Changing hardware acceleration settings can resolve video issues like this video file cannot be played code 232011.
Error code 232011 is a video playback error that can arise in a variety of browser software and can cause a lot of problems.
For some users, the error appears when they try to play internet videos with embedded JW players.
The code 232011 error message states, This video file cannot be played. Consequently, users can’t view online videos.
In today’s guide we will discuss some of the best methods to apply if you find yourself in this situation. Read on to find out more details.
How do I fix the error code 232011?
1. Use a different browser
Non-Chromium browsers, such as Edge and Firefox, can have incompatibility issues with JW player.
For that reason, it’s recommended that you try playing videos in alternative Chromium-based browsers, such as Opera. Error code 232011 is less likely to arise in Opera.
Opera is packed with handy features and is among the most highly rated Chromium browsers.
The Opera browser has a distinct and original UI design, which includes a handy sidebar, that sets it apart from other alternatives. Its users can also utilize Chrome extensions along with Opera’s exclusive ones.
Easily bypass the error code 232011 by playing your videos inside this great software.
2. Clear your browser’s cookies and cache data
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Del hotkey in Google Chrome to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Click the Time range drop-down menu to select the All time option.
- Select the Cookies and other site data and Cached images checkboxes.
- Then press the Clear data button.
- Click Firefox’s Open menu button at the top right of its window.
- Select Options to open that tab.
- Press the Clear Data button on the Privacy & Security part of the Options tab.
- Then select the Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content options on the Clear Data window.
- Press the Clear button.
- Click the Settings and more button in Edge.
- Select Settings on the menu.
- Click Privacy, search, and services on the left of Settings.
- Press the Choose what to clear button to open the Clear browsing data utility.
- Select the Cookies and Cached options there.
- Click Clear now to erase browser data.
3. Disable browser extensions
- First, click the Customize and control Google Chrome button.
- Select More tools > Extensions to open the tab in the shot directly below.
- Turn off all the blue toggle switches for enabled extensions.
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + A hotkey in Firefox to open the tab shown directly below.
- Click the add-on’s blue toggle switches to disable the extensions.
- Restart Firefox after you’ve disabled its add-ons.
- Press the Alt + F hotkey in Edge, and select Extensions on the menu that opens.
- Click the blue toggle buttons on the far right of the listed extensions.
- Then restart Edge after turning off its extensions.
4. Disable proxy connections
- Right-click your Start button and click Run to open that accessory.
- Type the following command in Run:
- Click the OK option to open Internet Properties.
- Select the Connections tab shown directly below.
- Then press the LAN settings button.
- Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN checkbox if it’s selected.
- Click the OK option save settings.
5. Turn off hardware acceleration
- Open the Run window.
- Type in this Run command:
- Click OK to open the Registry Editor.
- Open this key path in the Registry Editor:
- Select the Avalon.Graphics key, and double-click the DisableHWAcceleration DWORD on the right of the Registry Editor.
- If a DisableHWAcceleration DWORD isn’t there, right-click a space in the Registry Editor and select New > DWORD. Then enter DisableHWAcceleration as the new DWORD title.
- Delete the 0 number, and enter 1 in the Value data box.
- Click the OK button.
Note: You can also disable hardware acceleration for specific browsers via their settings.
6. Uninstall VPN software
- Type the following command into Run’s Open box:
- Then click OK to open the Programs and Features applet.
- Select your VPN client software in Programs and Features.
- Click the Uninstall option to remove the VPN software.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the VPN software.
There’s a good chance some of those resolutions will fix your browser’s error code 232011 video playback issue.
As a last resort, you can also try reinstalling your browser to ensure you’re utilizing the latest version with default settings and no extensions.