If your VLANs tab is missing, you’ve come to the right place. In this quick guide, we’re going to list the troubleshooting steps you need to follow in order to solve this problem on your Windows 10 computer.
What to do if VLAN tab is missing on Windows?
1. Make sure .NET Framework 2.0 is installed on your PC
- Press Win+R keys on your keyboard -> type regedit -> press Enter.
- Navigate to the following location inside Registry Editor:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP
- Check the subkey values from the right-side panel. If you can see version 2.0 listed -> continue with step no 2. If you can not see .NET version 2.0, follow the method 1.1 to activate it.
2. Activate .NET Framework 2.0 on Windows 10
- Click on Cortana search bar -> type in Control Panel -> choose the first option from the results.
- Inside the Control Panel window -> select Programs and Features.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Check the box next to .NET Framwork 3.5 (includes version 2.0 and 3.0) -> click Ok.
- Windows Update process will start and it will download the .NET 3.5 files.
- Restart your PC to apply changes, and follow method No. 2 next.
3. Create VLANs using PowerShell (Admin)
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select PowerShell (Admin).
- Copy and paste this command to your PowerShell window:
Import-Module -Name" C:\ProgramFiles\Intel\WiredNetworking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"
- Type “Get-IntelNetAdapter” to display the name of your network adapter.
- Type “Add-IntelNetVLAN” to start the creation of a VLAN.
- Copy the exact name from the previously used ”Get-IntelNetAdapter” command, into the ”ParentName” section -> press Enter.
In this article, we explored a quick fix relating to the issue caused by the VLAN tab disappearing. The tab is gone because of the PROSet for Windows device manager no longer being supported with Windows 10 1809 and later.
We hope the steps presented in this guide helped you solve your issue. Please feel free to let us know if this article helped you create VLAN networks, by using the comment section found below.