Voice recorders are useful for a variety of tasks, such as quoting someone when you’re a journalist or taking memos and notes.
Besides voice clarity and storage space, another key aspect that you should consider when buying a voice recorder is the battery.
The longer the battery, the more you can continuously record, and the less you’ll have to waste time recharging it. That’s precisely why we’ve compiled a list of the top voice recorders to buy that have an exceptionally long battery life.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Top voice recorders with the longest battery life
- Up to 57 hours of battery life for extended recording (MP3 128Kbps stereo)
- Built-in, direct USB Connection for quick file transfer to your PC
- Record MP3 Audio quickly and easily
- Not very beginner-friendly
On the top of our list is the Sony ICD-PX370, a voice recorder that proudly boasts a battery life of up to 57 hours on a single charge.
It also connects easily to your PC thanks to the USB connection so you can download the recordings for later, and recording is just a matter of pressing a single button.
If you are ever on the go or stuck in the wilderness where there’s no power socket nearby, having a voice recorder that will last a good couple of days can be great for research, or can even be a lifesaver.
- Voice-activated recording can automatically detect voice and omit silent moments
- 8GB internal memory lets you store up to 145 hours of recordings or 1500 songs
- Built-in 800mAh rechargeable battery can record continuously for 50 hours
- It comes with external speakers and can be used as an MP3 player
- Crystal clear recording with 1536Kbps voice resolution
- Dual-microphones with dynamic noise reduction
- Not very beginner-friendly
The second entry on our list is the Tschisen Digital Voice Recorder which boasts a battery that can last for up to 50 hours.
The storage is more than enough to handle the battery, as it can save up to 145 hours of recordings in crystal-clear quality, and the speakers make the device usable as an MP3 player as well.
- 16Gb flash memory could save 1160 hours recording files at most
- Supports up to 45 hours of continuous recording
- Power-on password protection
- Extremely user-friendly
- High-quality recording
- Variable play speed
- The occasional quality control issues
The third entry on our list is the Aiworth Digital Voice Recorder, and it can record a solid 45 hours before dying out.
The flash memory that comes with this device is pretty large, allowing it to hold up over 1000+ hours of content.
Additionally, all that stored info is safely stored thanks to the password protection that the device provides, as you need to enter a 3-digit code to unlock it.
- Compact and portable size with a premium metal shell and well-operated buttons
- 32GB Memory audio recorder could store up to 2240 hours recordings file
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction and 360° Sphere recording
- A single full charge could continuously record 30 hours
- Can also be used as an MP3 player
- The documentation is not that great
While the fourth entry on our list, the TENSAFEE Digital Voice Recorder, can only last up to 30 hours on a single charge, that is still enough for you to record everything you may need in between recharges.
It can also be used as an MP3 player so you can mix business with fun, and the dynamic voice reduction ensures that you record just the things that you need and not just environmental noises.
- Built-in 4 GB flash memory
- Automatic record level settings
- Low Cut Filter for reduced wind effect
- Features built-in monaural microphone
- Voice Activated Recording for hands-free recording
- Noise Cut mode helps provide clear speech playback
- Not much storage space
Despite being the last entry on our list, the Sony ICD-BX140 is still capable of recording up to 28 hours before needing to visit the power plug.
It is designed to be extremely simplistic and compact and caters more to those that just need to make simple recordings, such as memos or mental notes.
While there are many qualities that make a good voice recorder, few ever think to realize how important a long-lasting battery is.
FAQ: Learn more about voice recorders
- Who uses voice recorders?
One profession that can make great use of a voice recorder is that of a journalist.
On that note, check out our list of the best voice recorders for journalists.
- What can I use instead of a voice recorder?
If you hate carrying around a physical voice recorder, you could always simply go for a professional voice-recording software tool.
- Can voice recorders be handy for personal use?
Yes, many users have voice recorders that they use to set reminders for later.