A virtual private network, also known as a VPN is a private, encrypted connection between your PC and the VPN’s servers.
VPN software hides your IP address and enables you to access country-restricted websites, stream videos, browse the web anonymously, and communicate stealthily with others
There are various VPN software available for the general public, which could be either free or premium. However, if you want protection against data collection and security threats, use VPN client software.
Moreover, we have compiled this list of VPN client software for Windows 7 Operating System.
Best VPN client software for Windows 7
Editor’s choice: CyberGhost VPN (recommended)
This VPN tool will allow you to surf the Internet like a ghost. More than 8.5 million people trust Cyberghost, which stands proof for its efficiency.
It is efficiently working on different Windows versions and it has a great support service. In our opinion, this is the best VPN service to have on your Windows 7 device.
Here’s what to expect from CyberGhost VPN:
- IPV6 Leak Protection: detects and closes IPv6 leaks and therefore shields effective against data espionage
- DNS Leak Protection: the secure DN-Server feature circumvents censorship and prevents data phishing by faked websites
- IP Sharing: for an additional layer of anonymity
- 4 Protocols Supported: additional support of native OpenVPN, IPSec, L2TP and PPTP
- 1800 servers at your disposal
- 30 day money back guarantee (in case you’re not satisfied with the product)
While this isn’t any longer a free VPN, if you buy it with a special deal (such as the one below), you won’t regret going premium.
You will be able to enjoy, what we consider to be, the best VPN software for your Windows PC.
This VPN software is popular among Windows 7 users. If you want protection for your PC, you can use this PureVPN.
As its name suggests, it is a pure VPN program without add-ons or adware.
It is one of the fastest VPN software available; in addition, it uses extreme cryptographic encryption protocols.
- Unlimited country server switching and unlimited data transfer
- Up to 5 Multi logins with one single account
- World-class AES-256-bit ultra secure VPN connection
- Compatible with more than 20 devices such as game consoles, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, PCs, etc
However, the downside of this VPN is that it is not free; if you can pay the $9.99 one month plan or pay only $2.49 per month for a two years plan.
Freelan is a free, open-source, multi-platform, peer-to-peer VPN software which abstracts your LAN connections over the internet.
This software uses well established cryptographic algorithms to hide Internet connection, hence, keeping you anonymous.
You can create any network topology you like with Freelan; in addition, if you are a C++ developer, you can improve the program as well.
However, Freelan has no Graphical-User-Interface (GUI), although the official website provides configuration for advanced users.
If you are interested in installing this VPN, you may have to check the configuration settings for various network topologies.
More than one million Windows 7 users worldwide use TheGreenBow VPN Client to protect their PC. It is one of the powerful VPN tools on the market which uses extreme encryption protocols.
In addition, you can secure VPN configurations and VPN security elements (e.g. PreShared key, Certificates) onto a USB Drive and out of the computer.
Some of the expected features of TheGreenBow VPN Client include:
- Easy Connection Panel
- Software Access Control (password)
- Gateway Multivendor
- Nested tunnels
- USB token and SmartCard
- Silent Install and Hidden Interface
- VPN Configuration protection
- Secured import and export functions
- Localized in several languages
- IPv4 & IPv6
- Open Windows RDP session quickly
TheGreenBow VPN Client is available at a premium price of 58€. However, you can try the program freely for 30 days by downloading here.
You do not have to pay any monthly or yearly fee in order to access the turbo power of this VPN client software, as its name suggests.
Here are some features of Turbo VPN:
- It utilizes low bandwidth usage
- It is an ultra-speed VPN
- Enables you to create hotspots and share connection
- It has a stable Internet connection
- It works with 3G, LTE, and Wi-Fi
If you are interested in Turbo VPN, you can download it here.
Shrew Soft VPN Client
This VPN client software is ideal for Windows 7 OS both 32 and 64-bit versions. It provides secure communications between Windows PC and open source VPN gateways.
Shrew Soft VPN Client is compatible with VPN appliances produced by vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Netgear, Linksys, Zywall and many others.
However, this VPN client software is available in two different editions, Standard and Professional.
The Standard version which is free enables the user to connect to a wide range of VPN gateways without trial period limits.
Meanwhile, the Professional edition offers additional features ideal for business settings. You can install the Professional version by default with a 14 day evaluation period limit.
Have you used any of the VPN client software mentioned above on your Windows 7 PC? Do share with us your experience by commenting below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: