- Lots of users reported Wacom driver installation issues like abrupt closing or repeated errors while running scripts from the package.
- One quick and easy solution to apply is looking for the latest Windows 10 updates.
- Another solution is to use a certain Microsoft software that is sure to fix the problem.
- You could also install third-party software that will keep all your drivers up to date.
More and more users turn to forums in search of an answer to why the Wacom driver won’t install on their Windows 10 computer.
When trying to perform the procedure, users encounter different kinds of errors like abrupt closing during the installation process, errors while running scripts from the package, or an error saying some files can’t be installed.
Luckily, there’s no need to panic. We have compiled a simple guide to help you fix this error and install the necessary drivers with no problems.
How to successfully install the Wacom driver on Windows 10?
1. Remove all traces of Wacom drivers
1.1 Uninstall the driver from Device Manager
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager.
- Locate the Wacom Tablet under Human Interface Devices.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Be sure to unplug your Wacom Tablet.
1.2 Use a specialized software
Removing the Wacom driver from a Windows computer can be a little tricky, as drivers for tablets have a tendency to hide around the computer once they are installed on it.
We strongly recommend you use a dedicated tool that will automatically scan and completely remove all repository and unnecessary files from your computer.
2. Update your operating system
- Go to Start and click on Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
- If updates are available, install them.
- Try installing the downloaded driver and see if it’ll work.
Note: Make sure that the downloaded driver is from the manufacturer’s website and is compatible with your Windows.
3. Use the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter
- Download the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- This should help to sort any corrupted registry keys that are blocking the installation.
- Try installing the downloaded driver after the troubleshooting process is complete.
4. Update and reinstall
4.1 Use Command Prompt
- Press Windows + S to launch the search bar.
- Type cmd in the dialogue box, right-click on the application, and select Run as administrator.
- Once at the command prompt, run the following instructions:
mklink / j D: \ Program Files \ Tablet C: \ Program Files \ Tablet
- In this case, the dedicated location for Program Files is drive D. You can replace D with whatever your drive is.
4.2 Manually download and install the driver
- Visit the official Walcom website and download the latest available drivers. Save them to an accessible location as we will access them later.
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager.
- Locate the Walcom Tablet from the list of devices, right-click on it and select Update driver.
- In the new window, select the second option: Browse my computer for driver software.
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the driver and install it.
- Restart your Wacom device and plug it in again.
4.3 Restart Wacom Services
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Run.
- Type services.msc in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Navigate through all the services until you find Wacom Professional Services.
- Right-click and select Restart.
- Now check if the problem got solved.
5. Use an automated third-party software
In today’s age, fixing driver problems has never been so easy. You can simply use an automated software tool in that regard.
With just a few clicks you’ll be able to install any outdated, broken, or missing drivers without a single issue, without having to search and download the driver yourself.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system. There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
6. Perform a clean boot in Windows
- Sign in using a profile with administrator privilege.
- Right-click on Start and select Run.
- Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Open the Services tab, check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Open the Startup tab in the Task Manager window, select and Disable each program.
- Close the opened windows and restart your computer.
- After you restart the computer, you’ll have a clean boot environment so you can now try to install the previously downloaded Wacom driver.
We hope that these solutions helped you successfully install your Wacom driver on Windows 10 and you can now enjoy using your tablet with no issues.
Moreover, take a look at our list including the best auto detect drivers software. these tools are ideal if you want to forget all about using Device Manager constantly in order to update your drivers.
If you have any additional suggestions on how to fix this issue or just a question or two, use the comments section below and we’ll make sure to reply.