What is WavesSvc64.exe & How to Fix Its High CPU Usage
Issues with WavesSvc64 can be fixed by updating your drivers
- Issues with wavessvc64.exe can be fixed by re-registering the necessary files.
- Updating your audio drivers can help if this file is causing high CPU usage on your PC.
It is not uncommon for certain Windows processes, such as wavessvc64.exe, to occasionally use up a significant amount of computer resources. In fact, many users reported high CPU usage on Windows 11.
The behavior can be expected with certain programs like video editors or IDEs known for being resource-intensive. Occasionally, if a program that was once considered lightweight suddenly starts hogging CPU time and/or memory, it could be a sign.
What is WavesSvc64?
Wavessvc64.exe is associated with Waves MaxxAudio Service Application, and it’s a part of Waves MaxxAudio or Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.
There are many causes for WavesSvc64 high CPU usage, but the most common causes are the following:
- Unregistered services – If the service isn’t properly registered, you might encounter this issue.
- Realtek High Definition Audio driver – You may have issues with your driver. Update it and check if that helps.
How can I fix WavesSvc64’s high CPU usage?
1. Re-register wavessvc64.exe
- Click the Start button.
- Type command in the input field.
- Now press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box. Click Yes.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
regsvr32 /u wavessvc64.exe
- Next, you need to type the following command and press Enter:
regsvr32 /i wavessvc64.exe
Close the Command Prompt window and try to run the program for which you are experiencing the wavessvc64.exe error.
2. Update the audio driver
- Go to your homescreen and hold the Windows + R key.
- Open the Run box and type devmgmt.msc.
- Then press Enter to go to Device Manager.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.
- Then right-click your audio driver and choose Update driver.
- You will be asked how you want to search for drivers in the pop-up window.
- You should choose Search automatically for updated driver software and then follow the instructions to complete the process.
Once the driver is updated, check if the problem with wavessvc64.exe is still there.
Nonetheless, you could opt to update the audio driver or other drivers on your PC with specialized software.
With DriverFix, you can perform an overall system scan and find outdated drivers to efficiently update them with their official version, all without causing any errors.
If you’re encountering the wavessvc64.exe error, don’t fret – the solution is typically straightforward. Generally speaking, you’ll need to tweak a few settings in your registry.
Since this is an audio driver issue, be sure to visit our guide on how to get the best audio drivers for Windows 11.
We sincerely hope that this guide has proven to be of great value to you. If, by any chance, you come up with an alternative solution, please don’t hesitate to share it with us.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
Some driver-related issues can be solved faster by using a dedicated tool. If you're still having problems with your drivers, just download DriverFix and get it up and running in a few clicks. After that, let it take over and fix all of your errors in no time!