- When it comes to web browsers, Firefox is one of the most popular ones on the market.
- Issues such as A web page is slowing down your browser can appear, and today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
- Firefox is a great browser despite some minor flaws, and if you’re having additional problems with it, check out our Firefox errors section.
- Having a good web browser is important, and to learn more about web browsers, be sure to visit our Browsers Hub.
Firefox is a great browser, but many users reported A web page is slowing down your browser message in Firefox.
This message will slow down your browser or make it unresponsive, so it’s crucial to fix it, and today we’ll show you the best ways to do that.
How do I fix A web page is slowing down your browser error?
1. Make sure that tracking protection is enabled
- Click the Menu button and choose Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security in the left pane. In the right pane select Strict or Standard.
Few users reported that the problem was caused because tracking scripts were slowing down certain pages, but after switching to the Strict mode, the problem was resolved.
2. Change hidden Firefox settings
- Go to about:config page in Firefox.
- Search for ipc.processHangMonitor and dom.ipc.reportProcessHangs values and set them to False.
By doing so, you’ll prevent the message from appearing, but the core problem might still be there, so try to open fewer tabs and close tabs that you don’t actively use.
3. Refresh Firefox
- Click the Menu button and chose Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox.
- Click on Refresh Firefox to confirm.
By doing so, your browser settings will revert to default and your add-ons will be removed, so make sure that you have sync option enabled in order to restore your data.
4. Use a different browser
If you keep getting A web page is slowing down your browser message, try switching to Opera. This web browser is light on your resources and it can handle multiple tabs with ease.
Speaking of tabs, Opera has the ability to search open tabs, allowing you to easily find the tabs you need.
There’s also a built-in adblocker that will block tracking cookies and ads and make your browsing experience more enjoyable.
As for additional features, there’s a built-in free unlimited VPN, a pop-out player, Instagram integration, built-in messenger, and the ability to organize tabs into workflows.
A web page is slowing down your browser message can appear for various reasons, but we hope that you solved that issue using one of our solutions.
FAQ: Learn more about Firefox
- How do I delete my cache in Firefox?
Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner and choose Options. Go to the Privacy & Security section and click on Clear Data in Cookies and Site Data section.
- Is Chrome better than Firefox?
Chrome offers certain features that Firefox lacks, so it might be better in that regard. On the other hand, Firefox is more privacy-oriented than Chrome.
- Do extensions slow down Firefox?
Extensions don’t usually slow down Firefox, but if you have multiple resource-intensive extensions, you might encounter slowdowns.
- How can I speed up my Firefox browser?
To speed up Firefox, make sure that you disable all unnecessary add-ons and stop all other non-essential tabs and applications from running in the background.