- When it comes to web browsers, Firefox is one of the most popular ones on the market.
- Issues such as A web page is slowing down your browser can appear, and today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
- Make sure to keep an eye on our amazing Software Hub for more useful guides and articles.
- Having a good web browser is important, and to learn more about web browsers, be sure to visit our Browsers Hub.
Firefox is a great browser, but many users reported getting the message: A web page is slowing down your browser.
This message will slow down your browser or make it unresponsive, so it’s crucial to fix it.
In today’s article we’ll show you the best ways to solve the problem, so keep reading.
If you keep getting A web page is slowing down your browser message, maybe you should consider switching to Opera. This web browser is light on your resources and it can handle multiple tabs with ease.
Speaking of tabs, Opera has the ability to search open tabs, allowing you to easily find the tabs you need and to organize them in workspaces.
Opera’s Speed Dial, free VPN, Instant Search, and other existing features allow you to browse the web faster than ever before.
There’s also a built-in adblocker that will stop tracking cookies and ads, and contributes to making your browsing experience more enjoyable.
As for additional features, there’s a pop-out player, Instagram integration, built-in Facebook Messenger, and the ability to personalize it with your favorite theme and wallpaper.
OperaBrowse the web faster with no delays in loading your webpages with this amazing browser. Get the best deal now!
How can I fix A web page is slowing down your browser error?
1. Make sure that tracking protection is enabled
- Click the Menu button and choose Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security in the left pane.
- In the right pane select Strict or Standard.
Note: Few users reported that the problem was caused because tracking scripts were slowing down certain pages, but after switching to the Strict mode, the problem was resolved.
2. Change hidden Firefox settings
- Go to about:config page.
- Search for ipc.processHangMonitor and dom.ipc.reportProcessHangs values.
- Next, set them to False.
3. Refresh Firefox
- Click the Menu button.
- Chose Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox.
- Click on Refresh Firefox to confirm.
A web page is slowing down your browser message can appear for various reasons, but we hope that you solved that issue using one of our solutions.
FAQ: Learn more about Firefox
- How do I delete my cache in Firefox?
You can simply delete the cache data from the privacy menu or use a dedicated software.
- Is Chrome better than Firefox?
Chrome offers certain features that Firefox lacks, so it might be better in that regard. On the other hand, Firefox is more privacy-oriented than Chrome.
- Do extensions slow down Firefox?
Extensions don’t usually slow down Firefox, but if you have multiple resource-intensive extensions, you might encounter slowdowns.
- How can I speed up my Firefox browser?
To speed up Firefox, make sure that you disable all unnecessary add-ons and stop all other non-essential tabs and applications from running in the background.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.