WerFault.exe error on Windows 10: Here are 4 quick solutions
The WerFault.exe error on Windows 10 is more common than you might think. If you’re seeing this error message, you are not the only one. A large number of users have reported encountering it.
The WerFault.exe is located in the System32 folder of your Windows 10 operating system. This executable file is used for Windows error reporting.
In today’s fix article we will discuss the best way to deal with these issues. Please follow the methods presented in this guide in the order that they written, and try to see if the issue is resolved after each of them.
How do I fix WerFault.exe on Windows 10?
1. Run the SFC command inside PowerShell (Admin)
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select PowerShell (Admin).
- Inside the command prompt -> type sfc /scannow -> hit Enter.
- The process of scanning your protected system files and replacing the corrupt files with a cached version will start.
- Wait for the process to complete -> reboot your PC.
- Try to see if the issue is resolved.
2. Use the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
- Press Win+R keys on your keyboard -> type in mdsched.exe -> press Enter.
- Select the first option from the top.
- Choose the Restart now and check for problems option inside the windows memory diagnostic tool.
- Wait for the scan to finish and fix memory-related problems inside your Windows 10 OS.
3. Disable the Error Reporting Service
- Press Win+R keys on your keyboard -> type services.msc in the Run dialog -> press Enter.
- Find the windows error reporting service inside the list.
- Double-click on it.
- Inside the General tab -> under Startup type -> click to activate the drop-down menu.
- Choose Disabled.
- Click the Apply button.
- Press Ok -> restart your PC.
4. Reinstall your display drivers
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> choose Device Manager.
- Inside the Device Manager window -> click on Display adaptors to expand the section.
- Right-click on the Display adapters -> select Uninstall device.
- After the process is completed -> click on the Action button from the top menu.
- Click Scan for hardware changes.
- The Device Manager will automatically install the missing hardware with the latest version available.
In today’s fix article we explored the best methods to try and troubleshoot your WerFault.exe error on Windows 10. Please be sure to follow the methods carefully to avoid causing any other issues.
It is recommended that you try the methods in the order that they were presented in. This will allow you to make sure that your system is safe, and none of your files and settings are exposed to any risk.
We hope these methods managed to solve your issue. Please feel free to let us know if it did by using the comment section found below.
- Here is how you can fix 0xc0000409 Windows 10 error [QUICK FIX]
- 6 ways to fix Windows 10 error 0x800700d that actually work
- EntryProtect has blocked this screen capture Windows 10 error [Fix]
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]