Windows 10 Build 14361 has only five unfixed PC issues on the list, major bugs already fixed
Windows 10 build 14361 is finally out, and brings a huge number of improvements and bug fixes. The new build introduced the highly anticipated LastPass extension for Microsoft Edge, Hyper-V containers, Ink and ruler improvements and a plethora of fixes for very annoying bugs.
After seeing the list of improvements and new features, we definitely agree with Dona Sarkar, she knew what she was talking about when she teased Windows 10 Insiders with those “really interesting things” coming this week.
Build 14361 fixes indeed all major bugs Insiders have experienced so far on PCs, and offers 22 bug fixes to be more precise. Thanks to these updates, the list of know issues is reduced to only five minor bugs, which are mainly related to language options:
- If you have a French Windows 10 Insider Preview build installed on your PC, you will not receive Build 14361. There is an issue with the French translation process in this build that would revert a lot of text that was used to be shown in French back to English. For the time being, Microsoft chose not to release build 14361 to Insiders whose base build is French.
- Text prediction using the Japanese IME will freeze your PC. To avoid this issue and continue using the Japanese IME, turn off text prediction. To do this, right-clicking IME mode icon “A” or “あ” in systray, select “Properties”, click “Advanced”, go to the “Predictive Input” tab and check off “Use predictive input system”.
- Navigating to the Privacy pages in Settings app will crash the Settings app and prevent you from adjusting your privacy settings. Your privacy settings already set will remain intact after updating to build 14361.
- If you click on a file download link outside of Microsoft Edge, sometimes Edge will open a tab and close it without doing anything. To fix this, go to the Download pane and initiate the download there by clicking “Save” or “Save As”.
- For certain languages (Chinese or Portuguese Brazil) Start remains unresponsive while an app is installing.
Have you encountered other issues not yet listed on Microsoft’s list of known issues?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Build 10586.338 hits the Release Preview ring
- Windows 10 Preview build 14352 reported issues are adding up
- Windows 10 gains 2% market share following Microsoft’s forced upgrade schemes
- Microsoft up to its old tricks again: upgrade to Windows 10 or else
USB flash drives (pen drives, flash sticks) almost completely moved disks out of the picture. They are fast, you can write anything you want whenever […]
Using speech instead of typing has more than one advantage. Lots of users strongly prefer dictation and, even though it’s still unbrushed feature, it’s getting […]