Windows 10 Build 10586.338 hits the Release Preview ring
Microsoft has been very generous in build releases lately. The Windows Insider team pushed build 14352 for desktop systems to Fast Ring Insiders, build 14356 for mobile devices, and also the Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.338 to the Fast Ring.
This build flood confirms that Microsoft is thoroughly preparing for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The aforementioned builds do not bring many new features, as the company is focusing mainly on improving system performance and fixing the existing bugs. Microsoft is directing all its resources towards making Windows 10 a stable OS that will run smoothly when it will officially be released.
Shortly after the Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.338 was pushed to the Fast Ring, Microsoft also rolled it out to the Release Preview ring for PC and Mobile. This confirms that the build is reliable, stable enough and less prone to bugs. Of course, this build doesn’t bring any new features, but it offers performance improvements and bug fixes.
Here’s what issues have been fixed as posted in the Feedback Hub:
- Improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Cortana, and audio playback.
- Groove music playback. The Maps app, Miracast and Windows Explorer improvements.
- Fixed the issue causing balloon tip notifications to appear on the upper left side of the screen.
- Fixed the issue causing VPN to not work properly when switching between different network interfaces.
- Improved Narrator’s ability to read bulleted lists, hyperlinks, and image information.
- Fixed the issue that affected navigation apps, lagging behind user’s actual location.
- Improved performance of loading webpages in IE 11 when roaming user profiles are used.
- Fixed the issue on Mobile causing the phone to stop ringing from incoming calls.
- Fixed the issue on Mobile that erased contacts, messages, and appointments after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fixed issues with Microsoft Edge, lnternet Explorer 11, Bluetooth, Cortana, Wi-Fi, Windows Camera app, revised daylight saving time, USB, TPM, and downloading music or movies via the Windows Store.
The Release Preview ring will decide whether the build is stable enough to be pushed to the public. If not, Microsoft’s engineer team will go back to the drawing board. If you want to test out this update, download it from the Windows Update section.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 build 14352 fixes a huge number of bugs
- Samsung advises against installing Windows 10 on its laptops and PCs
- Fix Windows 10 not shutting down properly
In the past, DJs used to carry large crates of vinyl records and spent hours at the records store choosing their music one vinyl at […]
Champions League, the greatest football competition ever known to man, attracts millions of fans each year, from every corner of the world. Tuesdays and Wednesdays […]
Microsoft recently rolled out the Windows 10 Build 18298. Let’s see what we can look forward to seeing in the near future. Before we start, […]