Windows 10 build 14931 now available for Insiders
Microsoft just released a new Windows 10 build for Fast ring Insiders. The new build is available only for PC, as the Windows 10 Mobile version isn’t ready to be released yet.
The build doesn’t bring any new features, only a few app updates. That was completely expected, since Microsoft released the Anniversary Update one and a half months ago, so it will take some time until new features are developed, and a major update for Windows 10 is released to Insiders.
Microsoft delivered updates for the Feedback Hub, Maps, and Skype Preview. The first two received the dark mode support, along with some additional improvements, while Skype Preview users now have the option to send SMS messages. Build 14931 also brings support for USB Audio 2.0.
As we mentioned above, Microsoft decided not to release this build to Windows 10 Mobile Insiders yet because of the high number of complaints about PIN keyboard, and SIM card issues from the previous build. Apparently, Microsoft won’t release the new build to Mobile until it solves these issues.
And of course, Microsoft also presented its list of other improvements and known issues. At first look, this build doesn’t look that troublesome, since there are just a few known issues, but we’ll see the whole picture once Insiders begin to test the update.
Of course, as soon as Microsoft decides to push the Mobile build, we’re going to let you know.
Here’s the list of improvements for PC:
- “We fixed the issue causing people to experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and unable to log in to that account.
- We fixed the issue causing the built-in Windows 10 apps such as Calculator, Alarms & Clock, and Voice Recorder to not work after updating to a new build.”
These are the known issues:
- “While using Narrator and Groove Music, if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second. The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build.
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to “Turn Windows features on or off”, scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- For keyboard users, using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build. The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround.
- Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to bugcheck (bluescreen).”
To install this build, just head over to the Settings app > Updates & security, and check for updates. If you’re on the Fast ring, of course.
If you’ve already installed build 14931 on your computer, let us know if there are any additional issues. We’re going to search for some on our own, as well.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Hackers can exploit Safe mode in Windows to launch security attacks
- The latest Windows 10 build features Windows Anywhere for syncing settings across all devices
- Microsoft sets Windows 10 build expiration date, upgrade to new builds is mandatory
Like in other professions, you need the right gear to succeed as a hard surface artist. Specifically, you will need the best software for hard […]
UML (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams are visual representations of software systems. The diagrams are essential for software engineers who need to document software systems. There […]