Windows 10 build 16170 issues: Install fails, IE graphics bugs, and more
Microsoft’s engineers are definitely busy about right now with the Creators Update is scheduled for release in just a few days. The good news is that Dona Sarkar’s team still found the time to release the first ever Redstone 3 build. And while Windows 10 Build 16170 for PC is now available to Insiders in the Fast Ring, it doesn’t bring any important changes or new features.
It is worth mentioning that build 16170 brings more bugs and other issues than usual. As a result, Insiders may have a hard time testing it. This is a valid concern for the upcoming Redstone 3 releases, as well.
In this article, we’re going to list the Windows 10 build 16170 issues officially acknowledged by Microsoft as well as bugs reported by Insiders.
Windows 10 build 16170 known issues:
- Narrator will not work on this build. If you require Narrator to work, you should move to the Slow Ring.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error: “Some updates were cancelled.”
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. You can delete the following registry key to get out of this state: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo.
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted.
- The Action Center may get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismisses multiple. If this happens, try rebooting your device.
Windows 10 build 16170 reported bugs:
- Build 16017 won’t install
I got the error 0x80070003 – Some update files are missing or have problems. We’ll try to download the update again later. I tried the update trouble shooter. It fixed 3 problems but the same error comes up again. […] It happens during the second preparing to install updates faze at about 37%.
- The Feedback Hub App is broken
Build 16170 busted my Feedback Hub App, I had to go through the Web browser instead. Click on app, no go. The build took me about 1 1/2 hours with about 4-5 restarts. So far so good.
- Internet Explorer black frame issues
I just installed Windows10 preview build 16170, and found that IE does not show correctly its default start page (MSN) . The pictures or movies befor each articles are shown in black frame as attached and also Bing page is also trouble as the backgroud picure is not shown.
Have you installed build 16170 on your computer? Have you encountered any other issues apart from the bugs listed above?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 could come with full-screen mode on Edge
- Here’s an interesting Project NEON Mail App design concept for Redstone 3
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]