Windows 10 build 17639 brings a new wave of Sets improvements
Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar announced the release of Build 17639 to Skip Ahead Insiders. If you’re an Insider, you can now test a bevy of new Sets features that include drag and drop support, a new UI when opening new tabs and windows, and more.
The build also comes with some general improvements and fixes, as well as a list of known issues. Here’s a quick look at the most important ones.
Changes, fixes, and improvements in Build 17639
- The issue that triggered duplicate entries in Disk Management has been fixed.
- The problem that resulted in particular UWP apps silently finishing when they got minimized was resolved.
- The problem that resulted in a few devices that have BitLocker enabled to unexpectedly boot into BitLocker recovery in the most recent flights has also been addressed.
- The race condition that could cause the taskbar to not autohide after opening and closing the Start menu when a fullscreen window was open has been also fixed.
- The flaw when typing in Start triggered the switch to a blank Cortana screen if Start was open when the computer went to sleep was addressed as well.
- The problem involving the use of Arabic as display language has been fixed.
- The build also consolidated the places where users can adjust display brightness.
Windows Build 17639 list of known issues
Like most releases, this build brings some issues of its own that include:
- When opening Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or link in tips the Settings is bound to crash.
- When resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen normally appears.
- When Movies & TV user denies access to the videos library, Movies & TV crashes when users navigate to the Personal tab.
Read Microsoft’s notes about Build 17639 to learn more about the new features.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Insiders spot Windows 10 on ARM in Skip Ahead builds
- Full Fix: Error 0x80070570 in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Will Spring Creators Update finally fix gaming issues on Windows 10?
The next feature update targeting Windows 10 might be called Windows 10 April Update. This information originates in Microsoft Edge’s welcome page. In a server-side […]
There’s a new version of Windows in the works these days, and it may target low-specs devices. Microsoft is currently working on a cut down […]